Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #166
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I thought they were all Clint Eastwood movie title variations? The third book "Every Which Way But Dead" I'm guessing is named after "Every Which Way But Loose", which I don't think can be classified as a spaghetti western. I'm not sure what the first title, "Dead Witch Walking", is based on (as I don't see a Clint Eastwood or spaghetti western with a similar title?)
Yes, the first book is the only one that isn't a play on an Eastwood movie. This list has the correlating film titles for the others.

As far as series go, that one is tied for "my favorite" with The Dresden Files.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #167
Russell Brooks
Fanatic
Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The most I've paid for an eBook is $5.99, and that's only because I've read the author's previous novels and I loved them. But I'd rather pay around the $3.99 range. For an author I didn't know, I'd check them out in the library first. If a book was strongly recommended by a family member or a friend who has similar tastes, then I may pay up to $5.99.
Russell Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #168
HaemishM
Author
HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Motorola Xoom
I'm cheap - I have a hard time justifying paying paperback prices for an eBook, no matter the author. I feel that if the eBook price has to be that high, there are some hidden and likely unnecessary costs that are being passed on to the consumer, and that extra money isn't being paid to the author. It's why I've priced my own eBooks no more than $2.99 for one novel/novella. I especially like the compilation eBooks that are discount priced as well - I recently bought all 5 of George Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice books in one eBook compilation on sale for $9.99. I would never have bought the individual books at the prices they are charging for eBooks ($9.99 itself). If I'm going to pay that much, I want a physical thing.
HaemishM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #169
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
I will pay paperback prices. Rarely, but I will. Mostly I use sales, bundles, compilations and the library. I also download high-quality fanfiction, which is often the same or higher quality than self-pubbed or midlist books.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #170
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Less than $5 as almost all of my ebooks are library downloads via Overdrive.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #171
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour, Kindle Fire, Kindle Pwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I think the reason I'm willing to pay whatever I need to is that I have chronic migraines and that cuts down on how much time is available for me to read, so I want to spend what time I have reading what I want. Also, I read less because I have less time, so it ends up being less money than it would be for someone able to read more.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #172
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I really don't spend time shopping for books or looking for bargains. If I hear about or think of a book I want to read, I'll check a couple places and if I can get it for $4 or less, it's a definite buy. At $7-8 I'll probably still get it if I want to read it soon. I paid $10 for the book I'm reading now, but by the time I got around to reading it the price was down to $3 :P

Anything over $10 I'm unlikely to buy, and really anything over $5 I'm going to think it over and it just depends how much I want that particular book and how soon I expect to read it. Amazon's "add narration" pricing does change things, though. If I can have the ebook and audiobook both for less than $15, I'll often go for it, assuming I want the audiobook in the first place.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote