Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-19-2006, 11:03 AM   #166
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
LOL

Very funny
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:05 PM   #167
herve
Enthusiast
herve began at the beginning.

Device: TungstenC / hopefully iLi
Yeah, leave those innocent French people! :-)
herve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2006, 01:38 PM   #168
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Tu l'as dit bouffi !
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:05 PM   #169
stinky ox
Connoisseur
stinky ox began at the beginning.

Device: samsung q1, iLiad
ou sont les chameaux?
stinky ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:14 PM   #170
branko
Connoisseur
branko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enough

Device: Palm Zire
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Perhaps this will help clear up the French Benefits thing.
Argh!
branko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2006, 08:09 AM   #171
Tscherno
iLiad Geek
Tscherno began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad #505; Sony T1, Amazon Paperwhite first Gen & sec is coming!
Just got mine. But till now i was not able to use the stylus. It does nothing if i touch a button or the keyboard. Is there an trick?
Tscherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:15 AM   #172
Riocaz
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you remove the stylus while it was starting up?

If so try putting it back in and taking it back out again.

It worked for me last night.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:07 AM   #173
Tscherno
iLiad Geek

After resetting and plugging the power in it worked. Then it stopped working and now it works again... Mhmmm
Old 07-20-2006, 09:17 AM   #174
Tscherno
iLiad Geek

And it hangs and boots and hangs... Mhmmm. How is the correct way for resetting? Only pushing the reset-button does nothing.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:20 AM   #175
herve
Enthusiast
herve began at the beginning.

Device: TungstenC / hopefully iLi
It's mine! muhahahaha!!

Well, it was when I discovered my workmates made a joke and hid it. They met the UPS guy before me. That's their revenge for me annoying them with the Iliad for the last eight weeks!
herve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:38 AM   #176
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscherno
And it hangs and boots and hangs... Mhmmm. How is the correct way for resetting? Only pushing the reset-button does nothing.
Actually it turns off the iLiad and resets it. You just dont see it, because the screen stays put. Just turn it on again afterwards. Sometime i had to do the reset and restart twice.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:44 AM   #177
Riocaz

it's even more confusing when it runs out of power...

took me a good 10 minutes to work out why it had just stopped last night and resetting it wasn't working...
Old 07-20-2006, 09:48 AM   #178
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herve
Well, it was when I discovered my workmates made a joke and hid it. They met the UPS guy before me. That's their revenge for me annoying them with the Iliad for the last eight weeks!
Oh dear, I hope mine don't do the same, they are bored of hearing me! But glad to hear you got it finally, mine is also in Paris right now (still!).
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:50 AM   #179
stinky ox
Connoisseur
stinky ox began at the beginning.

Device: samsung q1, iLiad
I found that sometimes booting the iLiad with an SD in hung it, popping the SD out and restarting it seems to work. I guess there are issues reading the SD at boot anyway because I *always* need to unplug and re-plug the SD after a cold boot in order to get a dist of files on it.

Regarding the stylus stuff I suspect that's another software issue that needs addressing. When you place the stylus in the holder it's supposed to register that it's there and turn off stylus sensing. If you leave it out for 3 minutes away from the screen, then the sensing is turned off and you have to re-holster the stylus and take it out again to turn it on again.

I've found that sometimes if you put the stylus back in during a page turn or some operation where the iLiad is busy (green light on or flashing lots) it doesn't seem to register that it's gone back in. So next time you get it out (if you've left it longer than 3 minutes) it doesn't seem to work at all, and you have to put it in and get it out again to turn on sensing.

These are annoying little niggles but basically software issues that need tweaking, and we all knew we were getting unfinished system software; I am sure they will all be addressed in future updates .
stinky ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:11 AM   #180
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Yes, SD slot has a few problems. Mine didnt register my 2GB transcend card at all. And as you i always have to reinsert the card after restart to get recognized. But they said SD preformance should be better with OS 2.5

And for the stylus, they need an icon inj the iconbar. Its just to weird, if your pen suddenly doesnt work.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote