Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #136
cabaileymljones@gci.net
Edge User

Any hope that the updated operating system will include the ability to use bluetooth HID's? In particular, a bluetooth keyboard.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #137
kveroneau
Edge User

I too would love to see bluetooth HID support.

Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #138
myst
Edge User

Yes Boris it is sad. I guess it's good that Snow said they are at least still working on it. I have not been using it as much. I hate to use something and then start to depend on it and poof it's a brick. It would be very sad if they just stopped supporting it.

Notice Snow mentioned nothing about all the comments about Edge possibly going down.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #139
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by myst View Post
Notice Snow mentioned nothing about all the comments about Edge possibly going down.
As Snow implied in that thread, it was only under extreme pain that he was able to give a status update at all

In any case, there's no reason not to use your eDGe fully now, one way or the other. Were the company to disappear, it wouldn't mean your eDGe would stop working, only that once it "breaks" you'll have to buy another device. And no handheld device lasts more than a few years anyway in light of the incredible new devices that show up year after year.

Last edited by borisb; 03-09-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #140
NiaTrue
Edge User

It sounds as if an edict has been handed down: No enTourage employee shall post to the forum without prior vetting and approval of potential posts by The Powers That Be. And such an edict could mean any number of things--a new marketing director who is decidedly Old School, a potential buyout by another company, imminent company death, or just a terribly swamped forum administrator.

Last edited by NiaTrue; 03-09-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: typo

Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #141
Corpulent One
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
It sounds as if an edict has been handed down: No enTourage employee shall post to the forum without prior vetting and approval of potential posts by The Powers That Be. And such an edict could mean any number of things--a new marketing director who is decidedly Old School, a potential buyout by another company, imminent company death, or just a terribly swamped forum administrator.
As Snow implied, much of the customer frustration has been caused by projected deadlines being announced and then not met, so perhaps they thought forum avoidance was a good strategy. But now that's led to a different sort of frustration.

At some point, no marketing strategery can make up for an unimproved product. (Well, unless you're a Cupertino fruit company that shall remain nameless)

Old 03-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #142
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpulent One View Post
As Snow implied, much of the customer frustration has been caused by projected deadlines being announced and then not met, so perhaps they thought forum avoidance was a good strategy. But now that's led to a different sort of frustration.
A very predictable sort of frustration--unless you're Old School and didn't see it coming.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:38 AM   #143
mrspaceman
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
As Snow implied in that thread, it was only under extreme pain that he was able to give a status update at all

In any case, there's no reason not to use your eDGe fully now, one way or the other. Were the company to disappear, it wouldn't mean your eDGe would stop working, only that once it "breaks" you'll have to buy another device. And no handheld device lasts more than a few years anyway in light of the incredible new devices that show up year after year.
Hello Boris, well I am in the situation where my edge has broken. as I'm from the UK and I had bought it from ebook reader discounter. it has been been sent back to them. that was a couple of week ago. they emailed me to say that it had arrived and that they were going to get in touch with entourage about the defect, that was just over a week ago and there had been nothing since.

so I am now planning on cutting my losses and jumping ship.
I'm currently waiting for my free blackberry playbook to arrive so that I have a tablet to play with. then I will save up for a Xoom, or galaxy tab 10.1. both of those tablets will have better support from the manufacturers and the community is already making noises about writing custom roms (for android updates)

take my advice: get out now and don't throw any more money at a failing company !!

Old 03-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #144
myst
Edge User

Oh Boris, I know the device will not stop working if the company goes poof, but when we use these things, devices, phones, computers, we become dependent on them. I have been using my device but not so much. My boss had a guy make me an app and everything that I was thinking I could use, but right now I am having to make a decision to pay myself out of pocket to get the app redone or pay my boss back for what he paid. I am feeling discouraged and well not so happy about my purchase. I have even sent in a few requests with no response. The other day my Edge would not turn on, I thought that maybe the battery was dead. Went to work left it on the charger, returned and still a no go. Played with it. Took the battery out. Contacted Edge. No response. Finally it just started working again. Very bizarre. I believe in standing behind small companies, but it really feels like they are just not into what people have already bought and well... plus with lack of info. I dont know. Makes me think mrspaceman has a point. Sell it while it still has a value and be done with it.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #145
gecko
Edge User

Quote:
so I am now planning on cutting my losses and jumping ship.
would you like a little dressing with your mixed-metaphor salad?

Old 03-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #146
Franky
Edge User

I think, mrspaceman, it tells more about that ebook reader discounter, then it tells something about Entourage.

my eDGe works great and i bought it for it's capabilities. don't understand me wrong, I do think they should come up with that update. sometimes it's better to wait a bit and getting a good update, then getting it to early with all kinds of problems. I am convinced the update will come. In the meantime I'm able to use it for what I bought it for. Mind you, this is my second eDGe, because the first had after a while a nagging bug. By the way, I bought it in the States and had to ship it back to Entourage.

I hope at the end it all works out for you.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:54 PM   #147
alefor
Edge User

I like my eDGe devices.... I own 3 of them and use them every day. But I dont like this lack of information that persists. I dont want to depend on Entourage for Android updates. I believe the company is doing nothing....because there is nothing. Something big (like a sale) is going to happen soon.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #148
Michealj
Edge User

alefor, good to hear from you given the earth shaking activities Japan has been experiencing. I had been wondering if you were all right.

Regards,

Micheal

Old 03-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #149
Ruby1
Edge User

Are we still on 1.6 For Pocket?

Does this mean that we are still on 1.6 for the Pocket? I can not find anything on this site that gives any current information - or maybe I am not looking in the right places?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoc View Post
All,

With the holidays and then the Consumer Electronics show, we really got crunched on the marketing side. But, we are still here and still working hard to make the products better.

What I can tell you is that things are well underway with Android 2.2 and that I have our Ermine release (yes, the next furry beast) on both my pocket edge and entourage edge. Being a user of the software for a number of weeks (We showed it at CES), it has improved performance and it has some new features. I like the support for exchange services (Contact, Calendar and eMail) without a third party application. Also like the additional Flashlite 4.1 support and some of the enhancements we’ve made to the browser.

What I can also tell you, is it is not ready for prime time as we are still awaiting new code from one partner. Once we get that in and test everything thoroughly, then we will release it. While I am hoping for the end of February, I believe it will be ready the middle of March and none is more disappointed in that than I am.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #150
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby1 View Post
Does this mean that we are still on 1.6 for the Pocket? I can not find anything on this site that gives any current information - or maybe I am not looking in the right places?
Yes, we are.