Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #1
nhenry
nhenry began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500 E-Book reader
nhenry

Hi . My first post but could use some help. I love my PRS 500 but have not been able to find how to delete or move old books. Should I just get a new memory card and if so which one? Thanks Nita
nhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:11 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, nhenry!

To move books into and out of internal memory, you have to use the Connect Software, or, one of the alternative, homebrew apps that fill the same function. Such as LibPRS500, though I really think that one is too good an app for the description "homebrew."

If you want to avoid using one of those for some reason, you can use an SD card to read books. But it won't get the old stuff out of the internal memory, and it does have a bit of an increased battery usage to read from SD cards.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:34 PM   #3
nhenry
nhenry began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500 E-Book reader
It seems that the book would be completely deleted from my computer. Is there not a way to just take the book out of the reader and leave it in my library so incase I want to reread it later on I could just download it to the reader again? I am really a "dah" when comes to understanding these gadgets, although I love them. N
nhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Oh, you want to keep copy of the books that came on it?

Just drag them to the "Library" entry on the PC part of the ConnSoft application. It should put a copy on the PC, and you'll be in business.

The books should also be on the install CD somewhere, by the way.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:40 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhenry View Post
It seems that the book would be completely deleted from my computer. Is there not a way to just take the book out of the reader and leave it in my library so incase I want to reread it later on I could just download it to the reader again? I am really a "dah" when comes to understanding these gadgets, although I love them. N
Connect would be easier to use. You just sort out where your books are going to live and then drag/drop them into the library in Connect. All of this is done with Connect the program and not Connect the book store.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote