Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 01:47 AM   #91
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Well, back to the topic. The first week I lost 800g, and this week because I HAD to have some alcohol, I put on 200g. So over the two week I have still lost 600g.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:05 AM   #92
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
I am impressed! Do not waste your beauty just because you want to imitate those skinny, bony, empty headed gals that you see in the magazines when you go to the beauty parlor!

And also Winter, that cold winter is getting near. Take good care of you.

Kisses galore

This sounds so good, although either noisy or wet.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:49 AM   #93
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
I am impressed! Do not waste your beauty just because you want to imitate those skinny, bony, empty headed gals that you see in the magazines when you go to the beauty parlor!

And also Winter, that cold winter is getting near. Take good care of you.

Kisses galore

This sounds so good, although either noisy or wet.
So cute! I don't go to beauty parlours. I hate the inane conversation. My hairdresser sees me every three months to fix up what I have done to myself in the meantime. I trim my own hair.

I would have to lose 20 kg if I wanted to look like the skinny ones. 10KG to be me skinny, and 5 for me to be well padded and healthy.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:03 AM   #94
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
mmmm

seems to me the easy way to lose weight is not to put it on in the first place (ouch!!!).

my waist is currently 1 inch further round than it was when I was 17; and my weight is 20 lbs heavier .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:36 AM   #95
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
mmmm

seems to me the easy way to lose weight is not to put it on in the first place (ouch!!!).
That's what my dad used to tell me about tidying up my room.
Quote:
If you abhor to clean up your own mess, do not create the mess in the first place, then there will be nothing to clean
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:40 AM   #96
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
That's what my dad used to tell me about tidying up my room.

ah!, but that never works .... (he's given up now ......)
Old 06-14-2010, 04:42 AM   #97
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
You just tall. You weigh the same as me but I only 165cms. Happy to give you some. How about 5?
As I borrow a quote from Garfield: I'm not overweight. I'm UNDER tall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsa View Post
What is debargearsification?
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
De-barge-arse-ification. To remove one's barge-arse (a colloquialism for having a rather more ample backside - more junk in the trunk - than one desires).

Cheers,
Marc (a barge-arse)
Thanks for the definition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsa View Post
I lost 60 pounds in 4 months once.
I got a divorce.
Stress is a good way to lose weight!
Whoa! Stress has the totally opposite effect on me. Last year I stopped drinking diet soda because my daughter begged me to, and started losing weight without trying. I then added Weight Watchers Online and with the extra accountability, I lost 46 lbs.
Then my husband lost his job & was out of work for 6+ months. Enter Major Stress! He's back to work at half of what he was making before with a 90 minute commute just to get there. We have a gigantic financial burden with the conversion of our barn, which we can't sell (even if we wanted to, which we don't) because it's sooo not finished. I don't even want to know how much I've gained back (some, perhaps 8-10 lbs. but thankfully not all, because I can tell by my clothes.) I miss my treadmill terribly, but can't afford to get it fixed or replaced. I had to drop WW online because of the cost, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
That's perfectly understandable, beppe. I don't believe me either. Bacon? Yes, please!
Yes, where do donuts and bacon fit into your plan? Inquiring minds want (NEED) to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick
My problem is chips, I have a hard time not sitting down at night after the kids are in bed, with my reader, a coke, and a bag of Doritos.
My weakness is sweets, mostly chocolate. Now if it's something like salty pretzels dipped in chocolate, I'm all over that! Did you know that they are making M&M chocolate-covered mini-pretzel bites? I should've never tried them!

In another thread WT Sharpe posted a comment from a book he read, that mentioned putting mirrors by the refrigerator or pantry. Now, I think that IS brilliant!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:43 AM   #98
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
ah!, but that never works .... (he's given up now ......)
True.
Unfortunately.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #99
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
mmmm

my waist is currently 1 inch further round than it was when I was 17; and my weight is 20 lbs heavier .....
Unlike you, I was not a fat kid!

Hmmm that was mean. Sorry if you are still as skinny as a 17 year old.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #100
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
It all comes down to calories in vs calories burned.

You can eat 1,000,000 calories a day.

If you burn off 1,000,000 through exercise and basic day-to-day shit then you break even.

If you burn off less then you gain weight.
If you burn off more then you lose weight.

3500-4000 cals =s 1 lb body fat.

-----------
Basic weight loss 101.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:43 AM   #101
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Unlike you, I was not a fat kid!

Hmmm that was mean. Sorry if you are still as skinny as a 17 year old.
you are sorry for me ?
Old 06-15-2010, 08:06 AM   #102
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
It all comes down to calories in vs calories burned.

You can eat 1,000,000 calories a day.

If you burn off 1,000,000 through exercise and basic day-to-day shit then you break even.

If you burn off less then you gain weight.
If you burn off more then you lose weight.

3500-4000 cals =s 1 lb body fat.

-----------
Basic weight loss 101.
There is a factor 10 loose somewhere in your thinking. 1 gram of fat is about 10 cals. So a deficit of 500 cals makes you loose less than 2 ounces. Sorry pal.

Just to eliminate the excreta of 1,000,000 calories a day, you need a super duper multiplex extragalactic ultrapressurized, titanium coated and with high temperature volumetric multistage compressor installed you know where.

To put away the excreta you need a special license.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:08 AM   #103
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
mmmm

The more for me to eat, said the wolf!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:20 AM   #104
GeoffC

the wolf would find me stringy .....
Old 06-15-2010, 09:09 AM   #105
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
So a deficit of 500 cals makes you loose less than 2 ounces. Sorry pal.
Wasnt saying 3500 minus 4000 cals . I was saying that 3,500 through 4000 calories.

There is a LOT of contradiction on the internet about if a lb of body fat is 3500 or 4000 cals...so to keep out of that argument on the other sites I claim a range of both.
----

happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote