Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
briteflint
briteflint began at the beginning.

Device: none
Text to Speech

Is there a PC based text to speech program that will work with Calibre?
briteflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by briteflint View Post
Is there a PC based text to speech program that will work with Calibre?
Do you want the books read to you, or the Calibre interface? The books can be opened with any reader, so any text to speech software you already have working with ebooks can be used for the first case. I'm not sure about the second.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
briteflint
briteflint began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you. That is what I want it to do.
briteflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Do you want the books read to you, or the Calibre interface?
Quote:
Originally Posted by briteflint View Post
Thank you. That is what I want it to do.
I'll take that to mean that you want the book read to you, not the interface

I'm not sure of your software, but often, you start software of this type up with a command like this:

My_reader_software.exe book_to_be_read.txt

If that's how yours works, there are two steps you would normally take to set this up. First, go into Preferences|Interface and turn off the internal viewer for the formats you want read to you. Then make a batch file and associate those formats with that batch file (or associate the reader software directly with the formats you want read.) Then when you try to read a book of that format, Calibre will hand it over to the batch file or reader software.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote