|05-05-2010, 06:25 PM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Polson, MT
Device: Kobo Aura HD, PRS-350/950, HP Touchpad, Kindle Keyboard
Quick way to convert multipage html to ereader format
Ever want to read forum threads on your ereader? Here's a quick a dirty way that I do it on my PRS-505... I've done it even on 200 page, 8000 post monster threads.
What you need:
Firefox w/ autopager addon
PDF export: there are plugins, but I use PrimoPDF free and works well.
A PDF cropping tool, I use PDF XChanger Viewer Pro
1. Go to thread in question and size your webbrowser so it's in "Portrait" layout... You don't want 1080 pixels of lateral text...
2. "Autopage" from pg 1- to the end of the thread... I middle click and set it to scroll on its own, then I do something else for a few mins.
3. Once you have the entire thread... Print to PDF with Primo, Adobe or other tool.
4. Crop the PDF to get rid of white space and other nonsense. See if a batch works for you.
5. Input the cropped PDF into PDF2LRF. Fin.
I lose zoom but find it perfectly readable...
Anyone else have a more elegant solution they'd like to share? Perhaps one that maintains zoom and the links within the html? That'd be great
|forum, html, multi page, multiple html, threads|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Best non-ereader format to convert from?||nessin||Calibre||3||10-12-2010 04:45 AM|
|Multipage HTML file > Mobi or PDF?||Dinah-Moe Humm||Other formats||4||06-01-2010 04:43 PM|
|Convert html to e-book format||udav||Other formats||1||01-26-2010 02:19 PM|
|How To mass-convert ereader files into HTML and then into MOBI||GatorDeb||Kindle Formats||2||12-18-2009 04:51 PM|
|How to convert DRM Free eReader to HTML or something else?||JSWolf||Other formats||26||06-12-2009 07:56 AM|