Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 09:03 AM   #16
zee
zee began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
NetSeeker

so i got feed back from adobe saying: " i would like to inform you that we have made all the needful changes from our side so you can go ahead and activate the same"

so before i mess up again, i would like the advice of experts. what is my next step?

on the adobe site it says to firm load "firmware". do i do this?

please help, thank you
zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #17
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Now that Adobe either increased the number of possible activations or removed all previous activations of the device, you should be able to connect the device via USB with your PC, start Digital Editions and activate it. Where (excactly) did you read that you should 'firm load "firmware"'?
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #18
zee

still not working

oops, that was supposed to say first load firmware, that was on the adobe site

anyway i did as you said, i connected the reader, it showed up on adobe digital editions. a screen popped up saying that a device was detected, which needs to be authorized/ activated to the email i signed up to with adobe, i clicked authorize, it ran and said device now activated.

then i tried to transfer a book i had purchased from whsmith site to the reader, i clicked on the book and dragged it to the reader. but it does not load. the red circle with the cross in turns green when i drag the book to the reader but nothing happened. previous times when the reader was not activated, a message would pop up say, transfer/copying to here not authorised....but now nothing happens, no transfer, no pop up message even.

now what?
Old 02-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #19
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee View Post
anyway i did as you said, i connected the reader, it showed up on adobe digital editions. a screen popped up saying that a device was detected, which needs to be authorized/ activated to the email i signed up to with adobe, i clicked authorize, it ran and said device now activated.
Ok, that's good so far. The device is now activated and should be able to display your bought DRMed eBooks.

Quote:
then i tried to transfer a book i had purchased from whsmith site to the reader, i clicked on the book and dragged it to the reader. but it does not load. the red circle with the cross in turns green when i drag the book to the reader but nothing happened. previous times when the reader was not activated, a message would pop up say, transfer/copying to here not authorised....but now nothing happens, no transfer, no pop up message even.
Unfortunately i can't remember for sure whether Adobe Digital Editions should display a progress bar (or something similiar) while transfering eBooks to the reader. I seem to remember though, that it doesn't show a progress bar or a success notification or something similar. Did you check on the reader whether the eBook got copied?
Old 02-11-2010, 04:45 PM   #20
zee

checked

checked on ebook reader, nothing got copied.

sony reader is loaded, just in case you want to know

however when i click on activate for the ebook, it goes through all the motions again, is it not supposed to remember the activation?
Old 02-11-2010, 04:48 PM   #21
zee

also

when i check on the sony reader under settings, then about, it states there that: this device is not authorised for Adobe DRM protected content

does this ring a bell perhaps?
Old 02-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #22
netseeker
sleepless reader

Quote:
however when i click on activate for the ebook, it goes through all the motions again, is it not supposed to remember the activation?
Yes, it is supposed to remember it. Something is still wrong - and to be honest i have no clue what the reason could be.

Quote:
when i check on the sony reader under settings, then about, it states there that: this device is not authorised for Adobe DRM protected content

does this ring a bell perhaps?
Unfortunately not. Though it's clear that the activation wasn't successful. I would try a hard reset of the device. (Details here) After the reset, reconnect the reader to your PC, start Digital Editions, authorize the device again, then close Digital Editions. Don't unplug your reader. In the tray area of the windows task bar is a little icon to "Safely Remove Hardware". Click on it and choose the right option to remove your sony device, then unplug the device from your PC. Check again on the reader whether it's now authorized. If this will not work then i will be at my wit's end...

Has someone else another idea?
Old 02-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #23
zee

okay

i will try the hard reset and let you know.

just some questions:

what is the mark button on the prs 505?

also sony reader library is installed on pc but it gives me problems as in it does not open up, but opens in the background though.

so can i do a hard reset without opening sony reader library?
Old 02-12-2010, 09:39 AM   #24
netseeker
sleepless reader

Quote:
what is the mark button on the prs 505?
It's the little round button downright of the big round pageturn button on the left side of the reader.

Quote:
so can i do a hard reset without opening sony reader library?
Yes, the hard reset is independend from your PC. The reader should not be connected to the PC when you do the reset. You don't need the sony library...