Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-18-2010, 11:46 AM   #31
Mike Monahan
Mike Monahan
Mike Monahan has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Hi Harry001,
Nice to meet you neighbor. :-) One of my favorite books is Plum Island by DeMille. Nice bike. I ride a Vulcan cruiser I call Spock. He has become my psychiatrist. Nothing beats a loooong ride to Bear Mountain, Harriman State Park, West Point, the Catskills etc. I hope you enjoy Barracuda and drop a review on Amazon.

Mike
Mike Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #32
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
Hi, Mike! Welcome to the forums! The book sounds very interesting; I've added it to my Smashwords cart and plan to pick it up in the correct format for my Sony reader. It does indeed sound like you've had an interesting life; enjoy your retirement, and thank you for your public service.
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:48 PM   #33
Mike Monahan
Mike Monahan

Hi CarolineNH,
Thanks for the welcome and the sweet words. I'm sure you will enjoy Barracuda. I'm part of Operation Ebook Drop where nearly 500 authors offer their books for free to our brave soldiers serving overseas. Smashwords helps us participate by allowing us to give free book coupons to the soldiers. I'm glad you purchased through Smashwords.

Mike
Old 01-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #34
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Monahan View Post
Hi CarolineNH,
Smashwords helps us participate by allowing us to give free book coupons to the soldiers.
NICE. Does that include vets, or just those currently active? Either way it is very nice to see the military being taken care of this way.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #35
Mike Monahan
Mike Monahan

Hi Caroline,
It was started by Ed Patterson and Mr. Coakly from Smashwords. Its for active soldiers and at this time 136 copies of Barracuda have been downloaded for free. It is nice to help our troops. I ride a cruiser motorcycle and one of the clubs I ride with are The Patriot Guard. We attend funerals and form flag lines for our fallen soldiers and vets. The hair still stands on the back of my neck at every service I attend. We stand for those who stood for us.

Mike
Old 01-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #36
Mike Monahan
Mike Monahan

OOps, last message was in response to happy_terds question.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #37
Mike Monahan
Mike Monahan

Hello Dream,
Somehow I skipped right over your comments. Thanks for the advice on my original post, I just added websites where Barracuda can be purchased and a free sample site. If you ARE that afraid of H2O, the I suggest you DON'T read Barracuda. :-)

Mike
Old 01-18-2010, 03:53 PM   #38
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Monahan View Post
Hi Caroline,
It was started by Ed Patterson and Mr. Coakly from Smashwords. Its for active soldiers and at this time 136 copies of Barracuda have been downloaded for free. It is nice to help our troops. I ride a cruiser motorcycle and one of the clubs I ride with are The Patriot Guard. We attend funerals and form flag lines for our fallen soldiers and vets. The hair still stands on the back of my neck at every service I attend. We stand for those who stood for us.

Mike
I have served on 3 different 30 day details as an honor guard throughout my military career for countless military funerals. It was a great honor for me to serve my brothers who had passed on. I agree with you that it does cause the hair on the back of your neck to stand up (it would have for me if I were allowed to have hair on the back of my neck back in those days.)
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #39
Mike Monahan
Mike Monahan

Happy_terd,
I guess we were fortunate to have such an honor. When I stand at a flag line at a funeral parlor, church or cemetery, its incredible when family members come up and hug, kiss or thank you.

God Bless America,
Mike