Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-12-2007, 09:42 PM   #31
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami
are there alternate 1-bit monchrome icons for the menu bar at the top?
Are there any generic 1-bit icon sets (e.g. for GTK, or Gnome or KDE)? It is relatively easy to create FBReader icons from such sets, if you don't mind stock icons.

I have 24x24 and 32x32 FBReader icons selected from Lila at KDE-Look, which is mostly gray (although not gray scale). I enclose a tar bundle of the FBReader icons and a screen shot from my Pepper Pad using the 24x24 set. I don't know where the icons are stored on the iLiad (in Desktop Linux they are in /usr/share/pixmaps/FBReader), but to try a new icon set first move the existing icon directory (mv FBReader FRBeader-tgb) and then softlink Lila-24 (say) in its place. When updating FBReader you should first restore the original icon directory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SS_Lila24.png
Views:	430
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	3490  
Attached Files
File Type: gz fbreader_Lila.tar.gz (57.5 KB, 329 views)

Last edited by wallcraft; 05-12-2007 at 11:55 PM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:40 PM   #32
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Thanks, I'll play around with these when I get a chance. I don't need the icons to be pretty, just readable.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:09 AM   #33
jls
jls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rincewind
I've been playing around to create a new file manager from scratch, one that utilizes the eInk readability and the stylus for input.
/R
Redrawing the screen is the bottleneck on the iLiad. At the same time it is possible to display much information on one page without rendering it unreadable. I can imagine a scheme with minimal redrawing and only a few
user interactions to browse a large number of files. The thing is based upon bisection search:

All content is displayed in two colums. On the left all file names starting lexically from the beginning, on the right the same from the end.
Pointing in one of the columns with the stylus or flipping the flip-bar to the left or right selects it and recursively displays it again in two column mode.
Once the desired file or subdirectory is found one can move with the up/down keys to it and select it or, alternatively, activate it with the stylus.

The logic is simple and I could easily do that in python. But I have never made any kind of GUI and have no idea how to display anything on the iLiad other than writing it to a file or printing to stdout.

jls
jls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:42 PM   #34
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by narve
And when I press the "select" button (on the iLiad, between up and down arrows) the page is displayed full-screen and then the page flip bar works properly. But then I don't know how to return to normal mode to e.g. change book - I have to restart fbreader. Is this the way it is/should be, or am I missing something?
I originally thought this was a bad default binding to "switch to fullscreen mode" (action #23), but so far as I can tell no key is bound to this action and "toggle fullscreen mode" (action #22) is bound to return - which is probably "select". Version 0.8.3c has fixed a bug with toggle fullscreen mode, which might be the cause of this problem. This version also has unencrypted MobiPocket support essentially identical to that of MobiPocket Reader.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:06 AM   #35
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft
I originally thought this was a bad default binding to "switch to fullscreen mode" (action #23), but so far as I can tell no key is bound to this action and "toggle fullscreen mode" (action #22) is bound to return - which is probably "select". Version 0.8.3c has fixed a bug with toggle fullscreen mode, which might be the cause of this problem. This version also has unencrypted MobiPocket support essentially identical to that of MobiPocket Reader.
Nice, I'll try that when it is uploaded (and when I get ssh access again, I managed to lock myself out with the unbrickable installation...)
narve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:43 PM   #36
palafox
palafox began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Finally I've found some spare time to install FBReador on my iLiad. Further, I have edited /etc/er_registry.txt, in order to get chm and rtf files opened automatically.
I've seen that FBReader is installed both in /media/CF/Programs and /usr/local/bin. I assume that the directory on the CF card can be securely deleted, ever since the entry in the er_registry.txt file points to the /usr/local/bin location, but I'm not sure whether it's a convenient thing to preserve the uninstall stuff on the same directory. Can anybody please enlighten this point? Thanks in advance.
palafox is offline   Reply With Quote