Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-26-2009, 02:29 AM   #1
andavane
Zealot
andavane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, + Wifi, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T2
Trying to Capture Rebecca

I'm trying to make a mobi file to get Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca, using Calibre

[Link deleted by moderator]

On this occasion I'm getting no chapter divisions, just run-on text, which makes it rather difficult to read. I wonder what I'm missing, or whether it is possible to get it with separate chapter divisions.

Regards

John

Bookeen Cybook Gen3

Last edited by HarryT; 10-26-2009 at 03:55 AM.
andavane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:59 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please DO NOT link to illegal download sites. It is a violation of MR site policy to do so.

You should be well aware that, since Daphne du Maurier only died in 1989, all her books are still very much under copyright protection, and any site offering "free" downloads of them is doing so illegally.

Thank you.

[Moderator]
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2009, 04:53 AM   #3
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You should be well aware that, since Daphne du Maurier only died in 1989, all her books are still very much under copyright protection, and any site offering "free" downloads of them is doing so illegally.
Don't feel bad Andavane, I didn't know she died in 1989 either.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:07 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It seems that none of Daphne du Maurier's books are legally available as ebooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andavane View Post
I'm trying to make a mobi file to get Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca, using Calibre
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
andavane
Zealot
andavane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, + Wifi, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Please DO NOT link to illegal download sites. It is a violation of MR site policy to do so.

Thank you.

[Moderator]
I apologise, Sir!

Had I been aware of this, I should certainly not have posted the link, as it is my intention in this (and any forum) to read and abide by all the rules.

Kind regards,

John
andavane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert