Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-20-2009, 07:22 PM   #16
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by richieadler View Post
I should add to the Skydog report: I have the same symptoms, with a clean Sigil install. I was never able to open a Code View; I get a grayed client area without edit fields. The toolbar buttons are also grayed.

Utterly bizarre.

BTW you haven't mention your OS. Both platform and version.

The toolbar buttons should become grayed out when you switch to Code View, that's by design. But you should definitely see the editing widget.

But let's try something new. Try deleting the registry keys for Sigil. I'm assuming your using Windows.
  1. First close Sigil.
  2. Go to Start Menu->Run, type in "regedit", press enter.
  3. Look for the folder called "Strahinja Markovic" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software and delete it (it could be in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software). The whole folder and everything in it.
  4. Restart your machine.
  5. Launch Sigil. Maybe it will work now.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #17
richieadler
Fan of Sony readers
richieadler began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2; Sony PRS-505
Smile richieadler: Problem solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Utterly bizarre.

BTW you haven't mention your OS. Both platform and version.
Drat, I knew I missed something.

Windows XP, Sigil 0.1.4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post

The toolbar buttons should become grayed out when you switch to Code View, that's by design. But you should definitely see the editing widget.

But let's try something new. Try deleting the registry keys for Sigil. I'm assuming your using Windows.

(... trimmed ...)
I didn't have to restart the computer; the deletion of the keys did the trick. Probably remnants of a previous zipped version 0.1.2 of Sigil.

richieadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2009, 10:14 PM   #18
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richieadler View Post
I didn't have to restart the computer; the deletion of the keys did the trick. Probably remnants of a previous zipped version 0.1.2 of Sigil.

Glad you got it all worked out. I still don't have a clue what was causing this though, only that it's somehow related to window/toolbar geometry. Something freaky, to be certain.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:54 AM   #19
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
FWIW , I installed Sigil on a different system and all is working fine thus far. In my case, I suspect the original problem was related to a bad drive as I had some additional (drive) symptoms appear later.

For the previous poster and others - it is possible to move the split-view bar all the way to the bottom of Sigil's window (and out of view) which will result in unresponsive split or code view tiles. Unfortunately, my problem was not so simple.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:55 AM   #20
Copied21
Copied21 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I was never able to open a Code View; I get a grayed client area without edit fields. The tool bar buttons are also grayed.

Regards

Copied

____
dossier surendettement
Copied21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2009, 03:29 AM   #21
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copied21 View Post
I was never able to open a Code View; I get a grayed client area without edit fields. The tool bar buttons are also grayed.
Try the suggestion in this post.