Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #31
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
It was a personal gift, a return for Mrs. Slocum....Red.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #32
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
I say we depose her and institue me as your new king
People who actively seek power are generally not the people who should be allowed any.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:07 AM   #33
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
People who actively seek power are generally not the people who should be allowed any.
Who said I wanted power? I want jellybeans, I'm guessing that as king i'd get all the free jellybeans I can eat
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:19 AM   #34
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Actually I believe that would be President, not King that gets the free jellybeans.

Last edited by NormHart; 07-09-2009 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Does this forum have a President?
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:28 AM   #35
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
Actually I believe that would be President, not King that gets the free jellybeans.

I think I have it right, its kings. I read a book about it once.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:38 AM   #36
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
I say we depose her and institue me as your new king
Sorry, by royal decree n°2009-07-07-42, the Kingdom of Pinwheel cannot have a king, only a queen.
This queen has to have a name starting by Z and currently live in Pinwheel.

This decree, of course, was made with the best interest of the kingdom in mind.

That makes me think about an additional decree (n°2009-07-09-42) :
this land shall now be called the Queendom of Pinwheel !
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:52 AM   #37
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
I think I have it right, its kings. I read a book about it once.
Was that a biography of woman tennis champion perchance?

Because that would have been about Billy Jean King - not Jelly Bean King.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #38
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post

I knew there was something wrong there!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #39
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Sorry, by royal decree n°2009-07-07-42, the Kingdom of Pinwheel cannot have a king, only a queen.
This queen has to have a name starting by Z and currently live in Pinwheel.

This decree, of course, was made with the best interest of the kingdom in mind.

That makes me think about an additional decree (n°2009-07-09-42) :
this land shall now be called the Queendom of Pinwheel !
hm, are you looking for a job ? i would like to hire you as official décréteur of pinwheel. the pay will be disproportionately high and the work relatively easy, especially since you seem to have a natural gift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post

i think i could find a job for you too sparrow, you let me know if you're interested.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:27 PM   #40
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
That's the thanks I get for protectin' a Queen's reputation.....And her throne...

Pffft... Red
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:41 AM   #41
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Zelda: just for clarification, do you possess or indeed in want for a Sony PRS-700? Or any other Sony Reader model?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:12 AM   #42
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hm, are you looking for a job ? i would like to hire you as official décréteur of pinwheel. the pay will be disproportionately high and the work relatively easy, especially since you seem to have a natural gift.
Sounds pretty interesting.
If I can do it in addition of my work as an ambassador, I can sit all day doing nothing - er, sorry, doing very important work - and collect double pay.
I love this Queendom !
Old 07-10-2009, 04:17 AM   #43
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42

Just a quick test for my sig.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:36 AM   #44
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
That's the thanks I get for protectin' a Queen's reputation.....And her throne...

Pffft... Red
did you want to have the position of décréteur ? i wouldn't think you would have time, what with being the preferred freelance private eye of pinwheel. don't we keep you busy enough already ? but if you want a second job i'm sure i can find one for you : perhaps official Champion of the Queen ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Zelda: just for clarification, do you possess or indeed in want for a Sony PRS-700? Or any other Sony Reader model?
of course i do ! i have a 700. ask anyone, they'll tell you. just the one, though.

Quote:
Sounds pretty interesting.
If I can do it in addition of my work as an ambassador, I can sit all day doing nothing - er, sorry, doing very important work - and collect double pay.
I love this Queendom !
no, thank you ! for your excellent services.
Quote:
nice !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:12 AM   #45
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Is that an umlaut over the "i"?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote