Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-14-2006, 11:42 AM   #31
Jack B Nimble
Groupie
Jack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enough

Device: Tapwave Zodiac, eBookwise 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfoot
At least Fictionwise will probably try to support all of the other readers formats - if they are allowed to.
I would hope so, but they do have their own Fictionwise Reader, which reads "unencrypted Microsoft Reader eBooks, HTML, plain text, and Tiny Reader eBooks, as well as unencrypted or secure Fictionwise Reader format eBooks." Who knew they had their own format? Then again, I cannot find any ebooks listed in Secure Fictionwise Format, and it is not even one of the formats you can select on their search page.

They do own eBookwise, so they may want to make it compatible with their existing base there.

Jack
Jack B Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:49 PM   #32
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack B Nimble
I would hope so, but they do have their own Fictionwise Reader, which reads "unencrypted Microsoft Reader eBooks, HTML, plain text, and Tiny Reader eBooks, as well as unencrypted or secure Fictionwise Reader format eBooks." Who knew they had their own format? Then again, I cannot find any ebooks listed in Secure Fictionwise Format, and it is not even one of the formats you can select on their search page.

They do own eBookwise, so they may want to make it compatible with their existing base there.

Jack

Actually Fictionwise sells the secure imp which is "their" secure format (actually eti's but Fictionwise sells the device since eti got out of the hardware business) at the Ebookwise site which is a subsidiary of them. Fictionwise reader is just some reader software not a format per se as far as I know.

http://www.ebookwise.com/

Liviu
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote