|
|
#1261 |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,277
Karma: 154365101
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
Given you have Windows 11, you can remove the DRM. Just follow the link that @jhowell posted in this thread (this page) and go from there.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1262 |
|
Bibliophist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 9,291
Karma: 8582523
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: England
Device: none
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1263 |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2026
Device: None
|
I'm having a bit of an issue with the plugin, it doesn't seem to appear when I try to bulk convert my files (in the left-hand panel) and it doesn't do the conversion for KFX files in my library. It works fine for individual books, but I have over 400 KFX books, so if bulk converting was possible I'd obviously be very happy. Is there something I've missed, or does that not work with the plugin?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1264 | |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 7,439
Karma: 96111109
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Device: Kindles
|
Quote:
You can also try using the From KFX toolbar button. See the first post in this thread for details. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1265 | |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2026
Device: None
|
Quote:
If I select multiple books, whether they are all KFX or a mix of KFX and not, the sidebar looks like the second picture, and I get the error message I included in the third if I try to go through with it. The conversion doesn't happen. I'll look into the toolbar but it seems like there's an issue somewhere (I'm sure I did something wrong, I just don't know what) that makes the plugin malfunction with the bulk command. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1266 | |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 7,439
Karma: 96111109
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Device: Kindles
|
Quote:
That error can appear if a KFX book file is imported incorrectly from a kindle app. For example the Kindle for PC/Windows app uses a file extension of .azw regardless of the book’s actual format. If that is imported improperly it will show up in calibre as AZW instead of KFX, resulting in that error if you attempt to convert it. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1267 |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2026
Device: None
|
Ah, thank you! I will try to import my collection again and see if that solves it then.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1268 |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2026
Device: KOreader on kindle gen 5
|
Thank you very much for producing this plugin. I have installed it and am trying to import my KFX files into Calibre to be converted to EPUB. The Techy-notes.com is only suitable if you have the kindle app on your PC, whereas I am unable to install that as my PC does not meet the minimum requirements for it. (I'm running windows 10 pro so I'm not sure why.) Anyway, I've got a folder of KFX files making up one book from my android Kindle app onto my PC, but I can't work out how to import it into Calibre. I have tried adding the file through "Add a book", then converting using the plugin, but it states that this is not possible as the book is protected by DRM. Am I doing something wrong, or is this book just not possible to de-DRM?
Many thanks, Tess |
|
|
|
|
|
#1269 | |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 7,439
Karma: 96111109
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Device: Kindles
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| KFX conversion, transfer back to library issue. | shoelesshunter | Conversion | 12 | 09-22-2025 09:49 AM |
| [Conversion Input] Microsoft Doc Input Plugin | igi | Plugins | 77 | 03-08-2025 04:04 AM |
| [Conversion Input] LaTeX Formulas Input Conversion Plugin | sevyls | Plugins | 0 | 03-23-2015 05:52 AM |
| [Input Plugin] DOCX Input | SauliusP. | Plugins | 42 | 06-05-2013 04:01 AM |
| Looking For MHT Input Conversion Plugin | FlooseMan Dave | Plugins | 4 | 03-30-2010 05:52 PM |