|
|
#1 |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2026
Device: tolino vision color
|
newbie question - 218 epubs not imported properly - why?
Hi there,
I started two days ago to manage all my epubs I collected over the years and because I have a device since one month (a tolino). I have 609 files in a folder and tried to import them to a new calibre library. But 218 books were not properly imported. I find them now in a folder "Unbekannt" (unknown) and if I click on the book to open it in calibre, it says the book has no format (if I translate it right from german, sorry). But these are "normal" epubs, I can open them on my device or in MacOS Books. What can I do now? Sorry, I am a little bit lost here. Thank you! |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
creator of calibre
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 46,539
Karma: 29634066
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai, India
Device: Various
|
They arent normal epubs they are folders whose name ends with the .epub extension that is how apple chose to store epubs on disk for some weird reason.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2026
Device: tolino vision color
|
These 218 not-properly imported ebooks are all epubs that I can import, read and open in MacOS Books, on the Tolino as well and in other ebook-readers. I have never bought a single ebook via Apple, I have other sources. And I know that Apple stores them differently. From my perspective there is nothing wrong with these epub-files. What might other reasons they are the not imported to calibre? And what can I do now? Start from scratch?
Last edited by evapaula; Today at 05:59 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
Well trained by Cats
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 32,002
Karma: 65700000
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Central Coast of California
Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
|
Quote:
An Apple user may tell you how to correctly reassemble them. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
creator of calibre
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 46,539
Karma: 29634066
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai, India
Device: Various
|
Just google how to import epubs from apple books into calibre you will get plenty of solutions
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Groupie
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 177
Karma: 718168
Join Date: Mar 2021
Device: Kindle Voyage
|
What size are the files?
I have sometimes seen zip files contain tiny metadata files (including books) with the same name as the proper file but in a different folder. Using the calibre option to import all files from the zip file can sometimes mean it tries to load the real book as well as the 'fake' book. Could that be happening here? Real Epub's are zip files, so you should be easily able to look inside them for more info. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,276
Karma: 154365101
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
MacOS handles ZIP files poorly.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Calibre Reads all newly imported Epubs as same book | mixdcrysy | Calibre | 7 | 01-16-2018 05:46 PM |
| Newbie question: download epubs directly from the internet into koreader | camifran | KOReader | 2 | 02-26-2017 02:19 PM |
| Newbie question about reading epubs online | pittendrigh | General Discussions | 31 | 11-14-2016 09:29 PM |
| Greek not displaying properly in Calibre-created epubs | Priscillux | Recipes | 3 | 11-13-2011 04:40 PM |
| PRS-500 Newbie ??? Using HACK Builder properly | gardenstate | Sony Reader Dev Corner | 3 | 10-04-2007 07:09 PM |