|
|
#31 |
|
Fanatic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 564
Karma: 3774598
Join Date: Dec 2025
Location: Czech Republic
Device: iphone, ipad
|
No reason for it, from where are those screenshots, obviously from JustRead, but from where? I do not think, there is a menu like this in the app.
And if it is from the book, maybe those numbers have different CSS formatting inside the epub file (that is my guess). Last edited by petrjahoda; Yesterday at 08:57 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#32 | |
|
Addict
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 203
Karma: 295686
Join Date: Jul 2021
Device: iPhone
|
Quote:
Last edited by culytera; Yesterday at 10:51 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#33 |
|
Fanatic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 564
Karma: 3774598
Join Date: Dec 2025
Location: Czech Republic
Device: iphone, ipad
|
OK, understand this... is it possible to send me that epub to look inside it, to find out, what is the reason for this?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#34 |
|
Addict
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 203
Karma: 295686
Join Date: Jul 2021
Device: iPhone
|
Here's the epub, it's from my JustRead library so there shouldn't be any differences other than the filename.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
|
Fanatic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 564
Karma: 3774598
Join Date: Dec 2025
Location: Czech Republic
Device: iphone, ipad
|
OK, I just did a first thing. Opening it in Calibre and looks like it is the same as in JustRead.
So either Calibre and JustRead got it bad or Readest got it bad. |
|
|
|
|
|
#36 |
|
Fanatic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 564
Karma: 3774598
Join Date: Dec 2025
Location: Czech Republic
Device: iphone, ipad
|
And the reason for it is simple.
It has got a dd tag. <dt><b>Words:</b></dt> <dd>42,083</dd></div></div> This means Calibre and JustRead are displaying it correctly. |
|
|
|
|
|
#37 |
|
Addict
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 203
Karma: 295686
Join Date: Jul 2021
Device: iPhone
|
No, the problem isn't the dd tag. As I said, JustRead is displaying the numbers differently compared to other apps like Readest in the fonts I used as examples. That's why my previous screenshots showed only the lines with numbers. Did you view them in the fonts I provided? The font in your screenshot doesn't look like Noto Sans or NV Bitter. The numbers issue in JustRead shows in those two fonts I mentioned.
Here's how the numbers look in Noto Sans and NV Bitter when viewed from Calibre's ebook viewer. Last edited by culytera; Yesterday at 07:55 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#38 |
|
Fanatic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 564
Karma: 3774598
Join Date: Dec 2025
Location: Czech Republic
Device: iphone, ipad
|
So here I am back again. I did not test it with Noto Sans on iPhone before, as I supposed you did.
So I finally imported the fonts you sent me (Fonts.zip). Installed the Noto Sans into the App and ... And it is OK, see screenshots. Can you please try totally closing the app and the opening it again? Last edited by petrjahoda; Today at 05:00 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#39 |
|
Fanatic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 564
Karma: 3774598
Join Date: Dec 2025
Location: Czech Republic
Device: iphone, ipad
|
The same goes for NV Bitter.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#40 |
|
Fanatic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 564
Karma: 3774598
Join Date: Dec 2025
Location: Czech Republic
Device: iphone, ipad
|
The bottom two are those imported from your zip file.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#41 |
|
Fanatic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 564
Karma: 3774598
Join Date: Dec 2025
Location: Czech Republic
Device: iphone, ipad
|
And just to be sure, I opened Justread on my iPad, waited few seconds to sync those newly added fonts and the book and even there, just opening the book ... and ok.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#42 |
|
Addict
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 203
Karma: 295686
Join Date: Jul 2021
Device: iPhone
|
I tried to do a showcase of how certain fonts render the numbers differently in certain tags in JustRead with the Font set to Original, but for some reason they're not being followed by the app compared to Calibre's ebook viewer and Readest (refer to Titlepage attachments). It was supposed to show that JustRead renders the numbers as I would expect it to when the font is set to Verdana, and in the other apps they're rendered the same.
In my attempt to make a showcase of the issue with certain fonts, I seem to have encountered another rendering issue with JustRead that's not present in Readest or even Calibre's ebook viewer (refer to Test Chapter 3 screenshots). This was to also showcase the different fonts, but it looks like because of the characters I used, JustRead isn't able to render the page properly. Just a note, Charter isn't installed on my desktop so that font won't display properly. It should've displayed on JustRead when I viewed the test epub since it's a default font, but it didn't. Since the numbers are rendering on your end properly with those fonts, I'm wondering if it's an iOS issue again.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#43 |
|
Fanatic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 564
Karma: 3774598
Join Date: Dec 2025
Location: Czech Republic
Device: iphone, ipad
|
You got IOS 18, the old one, right?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#44 |
|
Addict
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 203
Karma: 295686
Join Date: Jul 2021
Device: iPhone
|
Yes, that hasn't changed.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#45 |
|
Fanatic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 564
Karma: 3774598
Join Date: Dec 2025
Location: Czech Republic
Device: iphone, ipad
|
Also from the screenshots: do you really have those fonts added to JustRead and selected as in my screenshots?
Because what you posted on screenshots from Justread is a default font. 1. Do you have fonts added to JustRead? Can you post a screenshot from Custom Fonts like I do? 2. Do you have this font selected? Can you post a screenshots showing font is selected, like I do 3. Did you please, like I advised, restarted the app completely (I suppose fonts are added and selected, this is just to be sure)? Because I used your book right away and all OK (just one font showing here, but the rest are the same). I am showing you even the font selected. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Version 3.3. sent to AppStore (OPDS update, Calibre sync update) | petrjahoda | justRead.app | 0 | 06-09-2026 06:18 AM |
| Kobo database version unsupported + Error when trying to update Calibre to version 6. | Maria Loranger | Devices | 35 | 09-12-2023 09:40 AM |
| Update Version - | cerberez | Calibre | 7 | 12-28-2013 04:31 PM |
| Nook Color version update "Biggest ever" | 6charlong | Barnes & Noble NOOK | 20 | 12-19-2011 01:49 PM |
| Biggest satisfaction/happiness vs. biggest disappointment/frustration | hermes | General Discussions | 54 | 07-11-2011 02:29 PM |