Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-07-2026, 03:51 AM   #12556
Snomad
Member
Snomad began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 18
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2021
Device: Onyx Book
Hi Jimm, I'm running into an error when downloading a fic from scribblehub. I thought that it was because I was getting IP banned again, but I proxied into the connection that flaresolver is using and it can still access scribblehub without issue. I've attached the logs and these are my current flaresolver settings:
[www.scribblehub.com]
use_basic_cache:false
extra_valid_entries:views, averageWords, fandoms
views_label:Views
averageWords_label:Average Words (Chapter)
add_to_titlepage_entries:,views, averageWords, fandoms

## for site is rate limiting
slow_down_sleep_time:120

use_flaresolverr_proxy:directimages
## option settings, with default values commented out:
flaresolverr_proxy_address:localhost
flaresolverr_proxy_port:8191
flaresolverr_proxy_protocol:http
flaresolverr_proxy_timeout:1800000

Hopefully you'll be able to make some sense of it
Attached Files
File Type: txt calibre-debug-log.txt (1.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: txt _flaresolverr-calibre_logs.txt (335.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: txt _calibre_logs.txt (10.6 KB, 3 views)
Snomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2026, 09:26 AM   #12557
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JimmXinu's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,653
Karma: 5010733
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Midwest USA
Device: Kobo Clara Colour running KOReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snomad View Post
Hi Jimm, I'm running into an error when downloading a fic from scribblehub. I thought that it was because I was getting IP banned again, but I proxied into the connection that flaresolver is using and it can still access scribblehub without issue.
There are so many network blocking issues -- and so little we can do about them -- that recommending flaresolverr or FFF's browser cache feature are our go-to answers.

If flaresolverr is working for you, that's your solution.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2026, 08:04 PM   #12558
Snomad
Member
Snomad began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 18
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2021
Device: Onyx Book
It's only sorta working. I think that the issue might be more the story size tbh as it's over 70 chapters. The logs from the most recent attempt show that it got 33 chapters successfully before failing. Is there anything I can add to the ini snippet section of the download to limit the download request to say 15-20 chapters before considering it successful and then creating or updating the book?
Snomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2026, 08:26 PM   #12559
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JimmXinu's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,653
Karma: 5010733
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Midwest USA
Device: Kobo Clara Colour running KOReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snomad View Post
It's only sorta working. I think that the issue might be more the story size tbh as it's over 70 chapters. The logs from the most recent attempt show that it got 33 chapters successfully before failing. Is there anything I can add to the ini snippet section of the download to limit the download request to say 15-20 chapters before considering it successful and then creating or updating the book?
I don't have the energy to type it all again, but here's an earlier post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
You can:
  • Put a chapter range on end of a story URL, example: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/104434/[45-65] You can also do [5] (single chapter 5) [-5] (all before and chapter 5) and [5-] (chapter 5 and all after). The down side is it isn't remembered if you want to update the book.
  • Use the 'undocumented' test/dev first_chapter and/or last_chapter in personal.ini in that story's [section]. This is equivalent to the [x-y] range, but saved so it is applied on updates.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2026, 01:04 AM   #12560
Atherton25
Zealot
Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.
 
Posts: 133
Karma: 3804
Join Date: May 2016
Device: Elipsa 2E, Libra Colour
Speaking of Scribblehub... is there a way to get flaresolverr to get the TOC and then open the rest in a browser?

I know if I open everything in the browser, I can get a Scribblehub fic, but when I try and use flaresolverr it starts giving me issues after a dozen chapters or so, even with slow down set to 7. Then I have to open up all the chapters manually or try and use the download through flaresolverr a couple hours later - which only works sometimes.

I've done a search, and just browsed through anything I could think of and can't seem to find an example of using both.
Atherton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2026, 07:13 AM   #12561
Snomad
Member
Snomad began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 18
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2021
Device: Onyx Book
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I don't have the energy to type it all again, but here's an earlier post:
No worries, that's already heaps helpful. Thank you!
Snomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2026, 07:23 PM   #12562
Snomad
Member
Snomad began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 18
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2021
Device: Onyx Book
I finally managed to download a single chapter of that fic and I just want to double-check if this sounds right as the downloading from scribbehub was working fine only a few days ago. The logs show that fanficfare sent 78 requests through flaresolver to scribblehub to download a chapter of 2,985 words.

I originally thought it was sending a single request per chapter and that's the most I've seen it manage without hitting a "Error: Error solving the challenge. Message: unknown error: net::ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED\n" or "Error solving the challenge. Message: invalid cookie domain\n" issue.

If that is actually normal that's all good, I'm sure I can figure something else out
Attached Files
File Type: zip flaresolverr log(successful).zip (1.43 MB, 6 views)
Snomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2026, 08:02 PM   #12563
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JimmXinu's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,653
Karma: 5010733
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Midwest USA
Device: Kobo Clara Colour running KOReader
I don't actually know anything about what appears in the flaresolverr log. There are retries that happen from FFF, depending on the error type.

Honestly, I can't do anything more about sites blocking us. Thank the AI overlords for ruining automated scraping for everyone.

You could look into the unsupported idea of overriding no-cache with BrowserCache. But I'm not going to help any further than linking to it.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM   #12564
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JimmXinu's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,653
Karma: 5010733
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Midwest USA
Device: Kobo Clara Colour running KOReader
New Test Version Posted

2026-10-09
- RoyalRoad: Handle email-click URLs in adapter, not geturls. #1429

RR email notifications give a email-click URLs that redirect to the actual chapters. Now it also requires login before they work. Change to a handle those the adapter now.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM   #12565
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JimmXinu's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,653
Karma: 5010733
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Midwest USA
Device: Kobo Clara Colour running KOReader
FYI, initial reports on github #1429 are that this test version does NOT fix RR email notifications.

RR users with email notifications will need to manually manage their updates for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New Test Version Posted

2026-10-09
- RoyalRoad: Handle email-click URLs in adapter, not geturls. #1429

RR email notifications give a email-click URLs that redirect to the actual chapters. Now it also requires login before they work. Change to a handle those the adapter now.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM   #12566
Snomad
Member
Snomad began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 18
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2021
Device: Onyx Book
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I don't actually know anything about what appears in the flaresolverr log. There are retries that happen from FFF, depending on the error type.

Honestly, I can't do anything more about sites blocking us. Thank the AI overlords for ruining automated scraping for everyone.

You could look into the unsupported idea of overriding no-cache with BrowserCache. But I'm not going to help any further than linking to it.
That's all good. I appreciate you letting me know.
Snomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:59 PM   #12567
Homer55
Connoisseur
Homer55 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 64
Karma: 10
Join Date: Aug 2016
Device: Kobo
Hi, I'm having an issue where fff throws a 403 forbidden on this story https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...sover.1181110/

It started throwing it on some post that were images, I thought it was the images and I told fff to ignore the images but now it also throws it on this post https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...post-126171698
Homer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:28 PM   #12568
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JimmXinu's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,653
Karma: 5010733
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Midwest USA
Device: Kobo Clara Colour running KOReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer55 View Post
Hi, I'm having an issue where fff throws a 403 forbidden on this story https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...sover.1181110/

It started throwing it on some post that were images, I thought it was the images and I told fff to ignore the images but now it also throws it on this post https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...post-126171698
Server error combined with scraper blocking.

That post is not appearing in reader mode. In past FFF would fall back to download the individual post. But we aren't allowed to do that anymore.

I've reported it on SB.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fanfiction


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[GUI Plugin] Open With kiwidude Plugins 406 Today 12:59 AM
[GUI Plugin] KindleUnpack - The Plugin DiapDealer Plugins 546 05-21-2026 02:44 PM
[GUI Plugin] Marvin XD Philantrop Plugins 126 01-29-2017 12:48 PM
[GUI Plugin] KiNotes -axel- Plugins 0 07-14-2013 06:39 PM
[GUI Plugin] Plugin Updater **Deprecated** kiwidude Plugins 159 06-19-2011 12:27 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.