Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: What are your primary methods for finding new books to read?
Recommendations from people you know 9 30.00%
Recommendations from authors you follow on social media 8 26.67%
Recommendations from reviewers you follow on social media 7 23.33%
Book review websites 6 20.00%
Book reviews in magazines or newspapers 7 23.33%
Browse bookstores or libraries 17 56.67%
Book club that you are a member of 1 3.33%
Other (please explain) 14 46.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM   #31
Readirect
Groupie
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.
 
Posts: 157
Karma: 20456
Join Date: Apr 2014
Device: KPW1
Some of my favorite sites for mystery/thriller book reviews:

malwarwickonbooks.com
menreadingbooks.com
spybrary.com
spyguysandgals.com
thebigthrill.org
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM   #32
Scoob
Groupie
Scoob doesn't litterScoob doesn't litter
 
Scoob's Avatar
 
Posts: 175
Karma: 100
Join Date: Sep 2024
Location: USA
Device: Voyage, K3, NST, Glow+ 2019, Glow 4, Sony Ereaders
Honestly I look at covers and titles for new things to read. I also do this when I'm in a used book shoppe. If it looks or sounds interesting I'll read the cover flap or the back. It's usually not lead me astray. If I'm staying in the same genre but am looking at different authors I'll usually see what if any books are mentioned in a book I know I like. Or I look at the you may also like recommendations on B&N.
Scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:42 AM   #33
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Wiggo's Avatar
 
Posts: 658
Karma: 3671119
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Bavaria
Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
A good source of recommendations: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:56 AM   #34
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 1,524
Karma: 10827780
Join Date: Dec 2009
Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Browsing Amazon, particularly 'deals of the day'. Second the thread here on what are you currently reading. I like to go into a B&N occasionally and look at their display of new releases, but since moving I don't have a convenient one to go to. I do belong to a book club where I live now but my participation has been lax of late. I'm the only guy in it and the book selection and discussion is skewed very feminine of late but I do get some good recommendations talking to other members. It also falls on golf day so with good weather, I'm on the links.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi all, I need to find a good book to read next! Tristy1313 Reading Recommendations 6 03-29-2013 02:23 PM
too find the best kobo apps read here msxman Kobo Tablets 1 11-03-2011 12:07 PM
How do you find new authors to read? jbcohen Reading Recommendations 46 01-30-2011 04:03 PM
Suggestions on how to find books to read Argelius Amazon Kindle 17 08-12-2010 11:50 AM
Find me some books to read based on what I have recently read (and liked) rahulm Reading Recommendations 16 08-11-2010 03:18 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.