|
|
#1 |
|
Guru
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 988
Karma: 5555557
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Estonia
Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Boox Go 7 Colour Gen II, Boox Go 10.3
|
PocketBook Verta: New 6’’ Models Announced
PocketBook seems to be bringing out successors to the Verse/Verse Pro line - PocketBook Verta, one with a Carta 1300 BW screen and one with a Kaleido 3 colour screen. Buttons on the bottom, as they’ve had with this form factor before.
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Compac...1416287.0.html Product pages are also up at the PocketBook website, e-readers themselves not available yet though: https://pocketbook.de/en/verta https://pocketbook.de/en/verta-color |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Orisa
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 2,002
Karma: 1035571
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ireland
Device: Onyx Poke 5
|
The UI was pretty sluggish on the Verse Pro Colour and I wasn't fond of the colour screen (that's my own problem though) but I'm ready to give them another chance if the Verta is a bit zippier on that regard.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
Guru
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 988
Karma: 5555557
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Estonia
Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Boox Go 7 Colour Gen II, Boox Go 10.3
|
Quote:
(In other words, new Verta BW seems to have similar processor & RAM specs as the Verta Colour and the older Verse Pro Colour.) I doubt they’ll have managed to improve the look of the colour screen much - same Kaleido 3, and I don’t think PocketBook have the resources to do as much custom tweaking as Amazon is doing with their Colorsofts to get the best possible results out of the limited potential they’ve got to work with. I’ve never had PocketBooks but UI slowness is a complaint I’ve been seeing for years - all models really. Maybe they’re just not very good at optimising their UI for the hardware. One can always hope for some improvement though, I guess… They’ve redesigned the buttons. And will offer swappable back plates in various colours. I guess that’s designed for the fun / aesthetics factor. Swappable backs do seem like a better (and at least a bit more eco-conscious) option than getting a whole new e-reader just for a new “fun” body colour. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
Addict
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 219
Karma: 2420042
Join Date: Nov 2023
Location: Belgium / Vlaanderen
Device: Kobo Libra 2 + Vivlio Light HD + (ancient) iPad Pro
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 15,826
Karma: 251065365
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Estonia
Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Fanatic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 538
Karma: 5999999
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Spain
Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Onyx Boox, Bigme, Viwoods, Xteink..
|
The Kobo Mini also had interchangeable back plates. I had several of them.
Last edited by cellaris; 10-06-2026 at 07:28 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 | |
|
Addict
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 219
Karma: 2420042
Join Date: Nov 2023
Location: Belgium / Vlaanderen
Device: Kobo Libra 2 + Vivlio Light HD + (ancient) iPad Pro
|
I see, to each their own!
I’m happy that this time they are honest about their device’s actual water resistance rating (or the lack of thereof). My first supposedly IPX8 resistant Verse Pro has perished after a brief contact with water and I’m still pissed off at them. I bought my Verse Pro #2 used from a Frenchman on Leboncoin. Quote:
Last edited by DJUNGELSKOG; 10-07-2026 at 04:48 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,258
Karma: 154365101
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
I would like Pocketbook to come out with a Verta 7".
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Zealot
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 104
Karma: 597268
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Device: rM-PaperPro PB743 PB618 rM-PaperProMove
|
I know memory and storage are insanely expensive thanks to the AI junk, which might explain the 16gb storage but I think it is a poor choice on their part to also remove the external memory option. I guess I'll continue holding on to my Inkpad Color 3 and Basic Lux 4.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
eReader Wrangler
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 8,013
Karma: 53606457
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boise, ID
Device: PB HD3, GL3, Voyage
|
The fact that they they're not calling it the Verta Pro probably means there will be no mid-range version, like the Verse (the verse "family" included the Verse Lite and Verse Pro).
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
eReader Wrangler
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 8,013
Karma: 53606457
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boise, ID
Device: PB HD3, GL3, Voyage
|
I guess it's true that the PocketBook is slower for navigating through the Menus, but I've never any trouble (or slowness) in reading on my Touch HD 3 (which is the "grandfather" of the Verta). Also you can turn the my HD 3 all the way off, and it turns on to your page in about 3 seconds. Good for saving on battery life. PocketBooks have other features that (in my opinion) outweigh the slower Menu options (like built .acm support and a newer ePub 3 rendering engine). But you have to add a decent dictionary, if you use one.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
eReader Wrangler
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 8,013
Karma: 53606457
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boise, ID
Device: PB HD3, GL3, Voyage
|
If the back comes off, that might mean the battery is easy to replace. That would be a plus. Otherwise, yeah, it would be in a case for me also.
Last edited by rcentros; 10-07-2026 at 11:11 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
eReader Wrangler
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 8,013
Karma: 53606457
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boise, ID
Device: PB HD3, GL3, Voyage
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| New Boox Models Announced | phardy | Onyx Boox | 0 | 09-16-2026 01:52 AM |
| Pocketbook models with TTS? | Spinningwoman | PocketBook | 12 | 09-16-2022 06:44 AM |
| Pocketbook's new models announced | igorsk | News | 103 | 10-06-2010 12:48 PM |
| Cool new models from Pocketbook!! | krish | PocketBook | 34 | 08-26-2010 08:59 AM |
| Pocketbook 901 announced | igorsk | News | 50 | 08-02-2010 08:25 PM |