Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2026, 08:09 AM   #46
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 8,332
Karma: 72602129
Join Date: Feb 2009
Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Probably not, no.

I think there were some cases where the user had neither ADE nor Kobo Plus and still couldn't change the time. We couldn't figure out why.
I'm one of those cases.

On my Forma, I can change the date/time. I my Clara 2E I cannot change the date/time. The Forma is on a newer firmware then the Clara.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2026, 08:37 AM   #47
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Sirtel's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,822
Karma: 251065365
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Estonia
Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I'm one of those cases.

On my Forma, I can change the date/time. I my Clara 2E I cannot change the date/time. The Forma is on a newer firmware then the Clara.
I could change the time on both my Sage and my Libra 2 (they're on different firmware versions), but after I subscribed to Kobo Plus and downloaded a few books to the Libra, I no longer could do it there. My Sage has been always offline and I can still change the time on it.

Both are registered to my Kobo account.

In my case it's pretty clear what the cause is. Why you and Dal Bhat can't change the time is a mystery. I wonder if anyone with a newer device than the Sage and Libra 2 can change the time? Maybe it's been disabled on newer devices?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2026, 09:44 AM   #48
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 8,332
Karma: 72602129
Join Date: Feb 2009
Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I could change the time on both my Sage and my Libra 2 (they're on different firmware versions), but after I subscribed to Kobo Plus and downloaded a few books to the Libra, I no longer could do it there. My Sage has been always offline and I can still change the time on it.

Both are registered to my Kobo account.

In my case it's pretty clear what the cause is. Why you and Dal Bhat can't change the time is a mystery. I wonder if anyone with a newer device than the Sage and Libra 2 can change the time? Maybe it's been disabled on newer devices?
Well, the Clara 2E is on an older firmware version, so it could be a bug that was fixed?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2026, 08:30 PM   #49
Dal Bhat
Groupie
Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dal Bhat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 161
Karma: 1656764
Join Date: Apr 2024
Device: Kindle 11th Gen; Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Probably not, no.

I think there were some cases where the user had neither ADE nor Kobo Plus and still couldn't change the time. We couldn't figure out why.
I don't have a Kobo acct. Out of the box, I configured sideloaded mode. I could set the time one time.

What I screwed up, though, was that I overlooked time zone. I had correct time, but the zone was UTC 0, not where I live.

THAT setting is still open, though, and I can change that. But that puts the hours off.

So I synced one time; that corrected both time and zone. (And downloaded a dictionary I didn't want, but could correct later.)
Dal Bhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:37 AM   #50
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Sirtel's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,822
Karma: 251065365
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Estonia
Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I too replace the 2024 English dictionary with the older one every time my Libra has been online. That's the main reason I never go online with my Sage. I've tried Kobo Plus only on the Libra.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:39 AM   #51
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DNSB's Avatar
 
Posts: 54,906
Karma: 182340541
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I just placed the original dictionary into the /.kobo/custom-dict directory. Once I select it, it seems to stay as the default dictionary until I select a different one.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:55 AM   #52
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Sirtel's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,822
Karma: 251065365
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Estonia
Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I just placed the original dictionary into the /.kobo/custom-dict directory. Once I select it, it seems to stay as the default dictionary until I select a different one.
Not on my Libra with mostly epubs, it will default to the main one. Maybe it will stay as default with kepubs, I'll have to try on my Sage.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:44 AM   #53
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 365
Karma: 1179724
Join Date: Nov 2015
Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Not on my Libra with mostly epubs, it will default to the main one. Maybe it will stay as default with kepubs, I'll have to try on my Sage.
My 2019 dictionary stays as the default dictionary in a book until I change it. When I open a new book, it defaults to the 2024 version so I change it back again.

I am on KLC and I don't use sideload mode. (I don't really understand it, though I sideload all my books anyway)

Sent from my Pixel 10 Pro Fold using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:01 AM   #54
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Sirtel's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,822
Karma: 251065365
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Estonia
Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
My 2019 dictionary stays as the default dictionary in a book until I change it. When I open a new book, it defaults to the 2024 version so I change it back again.

I am on KLC and I don't use sideload mode. (I don't really understand it, though I sideload all my books anyway)

Sent from my Pixel 10 Pro Fold using Tapatalk
Do you use epubs or kepubs?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM   #55
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Sirtel's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,822
Karma: 251065365
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Estonia
Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hmm. I tried just now and it stayed in the custom dictionary, but I definitely remember it reverting, and I don't think it was in a new book. That was the reason I gave up on using the custom dictionary as the main one. I do wonder now what's required for reverting. Just after a while? Putting the device to sleep didn't do it, and neither did hopping between different books. And yet I know it happened, so I no longer used the custom dictionary.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM   #56
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 365
Karma: 1179724
Join Date: Nov 2015
Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Do you use epubs or kepubs?
I use kepubs exclusively, mainly to keep the pagination consistent.

Sent from my Pixel 10 Pro Fold using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM   #57
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Sirtel's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,822
Karma: 251065365
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Estonia
Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
I use kepubs exclusively, mainly to keep the pagination consistent.

Sent from my Pixel 10 Pro Fold using Tapatalk
Well, my reverting experience was with epubs.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What built in epub renderer? karljs PocketBook 6 05-09-2021 05:45 PM
Kepub/epub font size problem and best GloHD firmware today? A random blob Kobo Reader 11 09-08-2020 10:30 AM
About MuPDF ePub renderer roger64 KOReader 2 12-07-2018 08:26 PM
How to make Kobo's Kepub renderer do its job? doubleshuffle ePub 15 04-10-2016 02:08 AM
Renderer resolution with RMSDK Mark.Vasconcelos Android Developer's Corner 1 10-05-2011 04:38 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.