|
|
#76 |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2024
Device: BQ Cervantes 4
|
Hi, first of all I'd like to say thanks, I've been using KOReader on my BQ Cervantes 4 since I bought it and I've been very happy with it!
I recently tried to install some packages on the device (wireguard so I can connect to my home server), and I think I may have broken the base system. When running 'apt -f install' I seem to have accidentally removed a few packages, including telnet. Is there any way anyone can send a list of packages for the device so I can find them online to reinstall, or would it be better to reinstall the developers firmware? Just to be clear, I have previously installed the developers firmware. Thanks again |
|
|
|
|
|
#77 |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 1,844
Karma: 731691
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Antwerp
Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
|
Can you reinstall them using apt-get in the terminal emulator (under more tools in KOReader)?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#78 |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2024
Device: BQ Cervantes 4
|
I tried that, but it couldn't find the sources.
I then found the apt history and a list of packages I removed, found the correct versions online and downloaded them, but then started running out of space on the device when trying to install. I tried to upgrade the packages previously which may have used up the extra space |
|
|
|
|
|
#79 | |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2025
Device: Cervantes 4
|
BQ server down
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#80 | |
|
cosiñeiro
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 1,415
Karma: 2452477
Join Date: Apr 2014
Device: BQ Cervantes 4
|
Quote:
Anyways, here is it: https://fs.pazos.eu/share/4AnLHvai Link is valid for 10 days |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#81 |
|
Bibliophagist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 54,815
Karma: 182340541
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#82 |
|
Enthusiast
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 42
Karma: 16824
Join Date: Sep 2020
Device: Kindle Voyage
|
Can anyone please reupload the developer firmware for Cervantes3, Cervantes4, and Cervantes2013? All the previous links are 404, and I have tried reaching out to Pazos a few times without success.
EDIT: I managed to download a bunch of files from Archive.org linked by Pazos, and have mirrored them here for your convenience: https://archive.org/details/bq-fnac-...s-dev-firmware However, from reading around, it sounds like unlocking Fnac/BQ Cervantes devices with the dev firmware might no longer be possible due to some unlock server going down? Last edited by Darthagnon; 07-05-2025 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Add mirror |
|
|
|
|
|
#83 | |
|
Enthusiast
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 46
Karma: 369
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Spain
Device: BQ Cervantes 4
|
Quote:
I uploaded a video to YouTube that explains howto install developers firmware today. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69dfu1znsJc Cheers Last edited by Tirwal; 07-31-2025 at 04:06 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#84 |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: Dec 2025
Device: BQ
|
For anyone who still has a working BQ Cervantes 4 device, or similar, with the stock firmware and wants to unlock it to install the "hackers firmware" without having to open it and solder wires, please contact me
|
|
|
|
|
|
#85 |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jan 2026
Device: bq Cervantes 4
|
Hi juceda,
I created a fake BQ servers, but I'm stuck: I can't figure out what is the response from the fake BQ servers that will make my bq cervantes 4 go on with the firmware installation process... I capture the outgoing call from the device (GET /api/v2/nubico/ca/device/reader/SN-Vxxxxx/hackersInstallation?nonce=xxxxx), but I haven't figured out what I need to reply for the install process to continue. Have you? |
|
|
|
|
|
#86 | |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: Mar 2026
Device: BQ Cervantes3
|
Unlock..BQ server down
Quote:
I would love having the software to my PM, please, if you still have it there,thank you
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#87 | |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: Aug 2026
Device: Cervantes 2013
|
Quote:
Hi pazos, First of all, thank you for all the work you’ve done on the BQ Cervantes I’m looking for the Developer Edition firmware for the BQ Cervantes 2013 (Q22). Do you still have a copy that you could share? I believe the file was called restore-5.0.2(q22).tar.gz, but I haven’t been able to find this specific version anywhere As part of this project, I’ve been reverse-engineering the communication between the Cervantes and the now-defunct BQ servers. I’ve built a small local Python server that emulates part of the original BQ API, and the reader successfully connects and sends the expected requests to it At this point, the missing piece is the Q22 Developer firmware. If you still have it, it would allow me to continue testing the Developer Edition and eventually install KOReader. Thanks a lot |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#88 | |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: Sep 2026
Device: Fnac Touch Light
|
Quote:
https://web.archive.org/web/20200720...opers-program/ I have download the firmware developers installation package. But, obviously, I have been unable to install de firmware because the BQ servers are down. Can you help me? Thanks a lot. PS: I've tried to send you a PM but it seems disabled for new users, sorry. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#89 |
|
Junior Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 1
Karma: 52564
Join Date: Oct 2026
Device: BQ Cervantes 3
|
Hello everyone,
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this before, but the reader's stock web browser has a vulnerability that allows you to write to /mnt/private directly. So there's no need to bother with serial a COM adapter and disassemble your device. You just need to run your own web server to download the "hackers_e60q22_ok" authorisation marker from the webserver and take advantage of the Content-Disposition header, and the parent directory ("..") descriptor. So if a regular download from the webserver without setting up this response header would save your file at /mnt/public/file, in this case we would set the header to /../../private/file to esentially write to /mnt/private: Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="/mnt/public/randomfolder/../../private/hackers_e60q22_ok" I've published my findings to https://github.com/x4m4n/bq-cervantes3-offline-unlock, if anyone is interested in following this method. There you'll also find a python3 server preconfigured and ready to go for you to take advantage of this flaw. It's honestly very easy and fast. |
|
|
|
|
|
#90 |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 1,294
Karma: 10468300
Join Date: Dec 2011
Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
|
Thanks so much for this!
It worked with my BQ Cervantes 4, which used to be one of my favourite devices when it was running Koreader. I won't bore you with the full story but a few years ago I planned to do an uninstall/re-install hoping it would fix a minor issue, only to discover BQ and their website had gone away. Never quite brave enough to go the hardware route (I tend to break things). This is perfect. Thanks again. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Koreader running on Kobos (all of them, hopefully!) | giorgio130 | KOReader | 3553 | 09-17-2026 10:53 PM |
| Does KOReader work on keyboard based Kindle Devices now? | hayden | KOReader | 2 | 06-10-2018 08:56 PM |
| KOReader problems with Boyue devices | chromeuser | KOReader | 0 | 06-12-2016 06:39 PM |
| Errors with EPUB rendering on Kobo Aura H2O running koreader-stable-v2015.11 | algernonramone | KOReader | 8 | 03-16-2016 12:55 AM |
| Running 2 devices with calibre | trott3r | Devices | 7 | 02-12-2011 10:05 AM |