Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM   #1
Vespero
Junior Member
Vespero began at the beginning.
 
Vespero's Avatar
 
Posts: 8
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2022
Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5
Series being altered on Send to Device

Sometime recently, Calibre (at least my installation, and I have updated) started altering a book's Series when being sent to a device. It's changing it akin to the default Author Sort rules; that is, it's moving the article that begins the series' name to the end of the series' name.

In Calibre, it will list the series as "The Lord of the Rings" but when I go Preferences > Sending books to devices > Template editor it shows that when it calls $series, it's outputting "Lord of the Rings, The"

Previously it's always just copied the Series as-is, and I can't find an option anywhere that governs this. In looking at the template variables, I see one for "$series_sort" but that's not what's being called here and if it IS called, it returns nothing (since I don't know where to set that data). I even use "copy" for $author_sort because I just want things to look normal and not be out of order.

The relevant portion of the program is:
Code:
strcat('books/', $author_sort, '/', $series, '/', $series, finish_formatting($series_index, '0>2s', ' - ', ' - '), $title)
Is this intended behavior? Am I missing something?
Vespero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 22,857
Karma: 34252730
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespero View Post
Sometime recently, Calibre (at least my installation, and I have updated) started altering a book's Series when being sent to a device. It's changing it akin to the default Author Sort rules; that is, it's moving the article that begins the series' name to the end of the series' name.

In Calibre, it will list the series as "The Lord of the Rings" but when I go Preferences > Sending books to devices > Template editor it shows that when it calls $series, it's outputting "Lord of the Rings, The"

Previously it's always just copied the Series as-is, and I can't find an option anywhere that governs this. In looking at the template variables, I see one for "$series_sort" but that's not what's being called here and if it IS called, it returns nothing (since I don't know where to set that data). I even use "copy" for $author_sort because I just want things to look normal and not be out of order.

The relevant portion of the program is:
Code:
strcat('books/', $author_sort, '/', $series, '/', $series, finish_formatting($series_index, '0>2s', ' - ', ' - '), $title)
Is this intended behavior? Am I missing something?
I don't use Send to Device, but maybe this Tweak is pertinent?

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2026-10-02 102357.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	338.3 KB
ID:	226365  
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM   #3
Vespero
Junior Member
Vespero began at the beginning.
 
Vespero's Avatar
 
Posts: 8
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2022
Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I don't use Send to Device, but maybe this Tweak is pertinent?

BR
Yep, that did it! Sorry, I did look through Tweaks but I misunderstood how the search function worked and missed that entry. Problem solved
Vespero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
$series, sending books to devices, solved


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Series template not working send to device algernonramone Library Management 4 06-05-2024 02:46 PM
[Kobo] Send to device creating blank series (for items without series) nik592 Devices 2 01-21-2023 03:12 PM
send to device - series Haltlos Library Management 13 10-12-2013 01:22 PM
Send to Device with Series Info 3dusty Calibre 3 12-30-2010 07:53 PM
Send to Device with series order silverraven Calibre 47 12-07-2010 03:26 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.