|
|
#1 |
|
0000000000101010
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 5,952
Karma: 13079945
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: An island off the coast of Ireland
Device: PB632 [HD3]
|
Hide user app section from app drawer
I'm not a fan of a cluttered app drawer!
![]() We can already hide, rename, move between sections and change the icons for system apps by editing view.json (We can also move apps from the "Users" section by adding them to view.json - and also assign icons etc) I still have plenty of third party apps and scripts I use regularly that I don't want to permanently see in the app drawer; previously I manually moved them to a sub-folder and back as needed, rebooting my device to see the changes. Cumbersome. After a bit of trial and error I noticed that extensions would still show in the drawer if capitalized (.APP rather than .app) which allows them to be differentiated. Also restarting the system bookshelf.app refreshes the app drawer view without a reboot. I wrote some shell commands to automate the process and added it to my reboot script. Simply rename any user app extension (.app to .APP) that you wish to be able to toggle visibility of. Reboot script is viewable in the spoiler section below and as zip attachment... Spoiler:
If you just want the toggle ability you'll only need the toggle_user_apps and rename_apps functions. I find having the reboot script as a permanent app (with own icon via view.json) far more convenient than running the script by PBTerm. Initiating a reboot via the script should display a pocketbook logo during the process. You can add your own reboot splash screen by creating the file: /mnt/ext1/system/resources/Line/pocketbook_logo_software.bmp (Take a screenshot of a image from your gallery app to guarantee correct BMP format) Last edited by neil_swann80; Today at 03:00 PM. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Remove icons from PocketBook desktop and app drawer | jrw174 | PocketBook Developer's Corner | 87 | 06-04-2025 01:28 PM |
| EPUB of manual seems to hide everything from section 1.1.1 to section 2 | halloleo | Calibre | 9 | 07-17-2021 01:45 AM |
| Free Amazon App Bundles | App Deals | $5 App/Game Credit | DreamWriter | Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links) | 0 | 12-23-2013 05:06 PM |
| Totally stupid question: where's my app drawer? | maxbookworm | Nook Developer's Corner | 6 | 01-26-2011 10:13 PM |
| iLiad Hide toolbar and pagebar in a Java app ? | ouais32 | iRex Developer's Corner | 5 | 01-18-2008 04:04 AM |