Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2026, 06:19 PM   #17776
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 2,300
Karma: 8891824
Join Date: Jun 2010
Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
At my present rate of purchase I will break even on VIP between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I renewed at $20 with taxes it was $21.80.

bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Do you lose your existing "super points" if you don't renew VIP?
It's gone up to £12. Is that double? Or 8000 superpoints.
You only "earn" super points if in VIP?

I have a feeling, not backed by analysis, that the super points are worth less than they were against titles, fewer books generate them and fewer books can be redeemed?

I had thought that when renewal time came I'd have enough points to get the renewal, but no.

Edit:
I'm sceptical that I'd save £1 a month on purchases.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2026, 06:26 PM   #17777
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
issybird's Avatar
 
Posts: 22,217
Karma: 241025665
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Device: Mini, H2O, Glo HD, Aura One, PW4, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Do you lose your existing "super points" if you don't renew VIP?
Yes.

Quote:
You only "earn" super points if in VIP?.
Yes.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2026, 11:43 PM   #17778
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
sqdancer's Avatar
 
Posts: 640
Karma: 891247
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo H2O GloHD Clara Libra2, Kindle NT PW4, PB Verse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Do you lose your existing "super points" if you don't renew VIP?
.

all accumulated Kobo Super Points will expire twelve (12) months after the cancellation date, and Kobo Super Points balance will be reduced to zero.


https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...VIP-membership
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2026, 10:29 AM   #17779
Quoth
Still reading
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Quoth's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,689
Karma: 114630515
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Ireland
Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper
Thanks all.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2026, 10:01 PM   #17780
LoveMySofa
Member
LoveMySofa began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 15
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jan 2022
Device: none
Hi all,

I received a 20% "Kobo anniversary" discount that I'm not going to use.

It says that there are 2734741 titles from which to choose to use this discount, but none of the books I want are ever in their list.

So, here's the code, for whomever might like to use it: D4UXRR
I don't know how to include a link to the list of books available, sorry. But I just try the promo code in my cart to see whether it will work.
LoveMySofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2026, 08:46 AM   #17781
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Dr. Drib's Avatar
 
Posts: 46,311
Karma: 61420445
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Peru
Device: KINDLE: Oasis 3, Scribe (1st), Matcha; KOBO: Libra 2, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMySofa View Post
Hi all,

I received a 20% "Kobo anniversary" discount that I'm not going to use.

It says that there are 2734741 titles from which to choose to use this discount, but none of the books I want are ever in their list.

So, here's the code, for whomever might like to use it: D4UXRR
I don't know how to include a link to the list of books available, sorry. But I just try the promo code in my cart to see whether it will work.
NOTE: Now used the maximum number of times.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2026, 02:53 AM   #17782
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.
 
Posts: 137
Karma: 28678
Join Date: Feb 2009
Device: Current: Boox Leaf2 (broken) Past: H2O, Kindle PW1, DXG;Pocketbook 360
About super point, I can't use them if I don't have an active subscription, even if the points are not yet expired?

Edit: I have about ~$7 worth of points leftover than will expire on Oct 9. This may change the math about should I get VIP for another year. I'll be very annoyed when a few days later we get a code for 50% off VIP sub or some such though...

Last edited by Hypernova; 10-01-2026 at 02:58 AM.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2026, 08:22 AM   #17783
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.
 
winsomnia's Avatar
 
Posts: 171
Karma: 190082
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: BC, Canada
Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
About super point, I can't use them if I don't have an active subscription, even if the points are not yet expired?

Edit: I have about ~$7 worth of points leftover than will expire on Oct 9. This may change the math about should I get VIP for another year. I'll be very annoyed when a few days later we get a code for 50% off VIP sub or some such though...
From Kobo's website:
Should any Member cancel their Kobo VIP Membership, all accumulated Kobo Super Points will expire twelve (12) months after the cancellation date, and their Kobo Super Points balance will be reduced to zero.

EDIT: I have recently let my subscription expire. I have about 5,000 points remaining.

Last edited by winsomnia; 10-01-2026 at 08:24 AM.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:28 AM   #17784
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.
 
Posts: 137
Karma: 28678
Join Date: Feb 2009
Device: Current: Boox Leaf2 (broken) Past: H2O, Kindle PW1, DXG;Pocketbook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by winsomnia View Post
From Kobo's website:
Should any Member cancel their Kobo VIP Membership, all accumulated Kobo Super Points will expire twelve (12) months after the cancellation date, and their Kobo Super Points balance will be reduced to zero.

EDIT: I have recently let my subscription expire. I have about 5,000 points remaining.
Yeah but my question is, can I use them without an active subscription? My sub expired last year (Oct 9, 2025). I have points that will expire soon. I tried to use it but looks like it isn't possible to. Can someone with an active sub remind me how to use them?
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM   #17785
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
ownedbycats's Avatar
 
Posts: 11,862
Karma: 83109175
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Canada
Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Yeah but my question is, can I use them without an active subscription? My sub expired last year (Oct 9, 2025). I have points that will expire soon. I tried to use it but looks like it isn't possible to. Can someone with an active sub remind me how to use them?
Nope.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM   #17786
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.
 
Posts: 137
Karma: 28678
Join Date: Feb 2009
Device: Current: Boox Leaf2 (broken) Past: H2O, Kindle PW1, DXG;Pocketbook 360
Thanks for the answer though.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Coupon Codes for Trisha A. Lindsey TrishaALindsey Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers 0 11-10-2013 10:19 AM
BooksOnBoard coupon codes? Chapter One Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links) 1 05-14-2012 04:50 AM
Coupon codes for Kindle? Chapter One Amazon Kindle 6 04-27-2012 08:45 PM
15% off selected book titles at Kobo with coupon codes Croptop Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links) 0 01-13-2011 08:26 AM
Coupon Codes for Kobo: $1.50 Off Some Top Titles The-eBook-Reader Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links) 0 06-17-2010 11:13 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.