Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Today, 12:20 AM   #38881
Renate
Onyx-maniac
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 4,541
Karma: 22077803
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Germany
Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5, Go6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandaman View Post
You could buy a remote page turner...
I have one. I designed and built it.
The case is a stock one and has a good hand feel.
https://www.serpac.co.uk/ca4-enclosure.html
(I use the four button model.)
It would take quite a bit of design to come up with something to 3D print that is as comfortable.

Full disclosure: I prefer roast turkey to any kind of chicken.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:39 AM   #38882
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DNSB's Avatar
 
Posts: 54,773
Karma: 182340541
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Low and slow or hot and fast?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:47 AM   #38883
Renate
Onyx-maniac
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 4,541
Karma: 22077803
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Germany
Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5, Go6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Low and slow or hot and fast?
Right this minute I'm cooking turkey stew.
500 gram turkey schnitzel. I don't like buying the already chopped stuff and I don't like chopping raw turkey.
I fill a pot with water and throw the turkey in. I cook them until they're firm, but not necessarily cooked all the way.
Then I can dice them up while I cook the barley, onions, celery.
Since it's about five days of food I make sure that my fridge is on the lower limit of cold.
Once I went to finish the last of a pot and it was bubbling.
(I don't have a freezer, but I keep considering a new freezer/fridge.)
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:05 AM   #38884
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JSWolf's Avatar
 
Posts: 85,123
Karma: 153791427
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
I'm in the United States. Next town with a bigger library would be a good 120 miles away.

JSwolf, the phone screen works well enough to make a phone call or send a short text. That's all I use it for. Buttons on an ereader are far superior and that is a hill I will die on.
And as I;ve said before, buttons wear out a lot faster then a touchscreen will.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:35 PM   #38885
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
CRussel's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,371
Karma: 81280884
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sunshine Coast, BC
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, iPad Air M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
Buttons on an ereader are far superior and that is a hill I will die on.
This I totally get. I was finally able to buy a refurbished Libra 2 off of the Kobo site. Mostly they show as "Sold Out", but if you keep going back and looking, you might get lucky. Of course you could buy the Libra Colour, but that really doesn't have as good a screen if what you want is to just read, not to play with colours.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I just have to vent... lacymarie7575 Sony Reader 5 08-18-2010 07:59 PM
I need to vent! Booksonboard! Ugh! Mrgauth News 25 12-17-2009 09:26 AM
Why, Oh Why! [RANT] Vesper Lounge 19 06-19-2008 11:50 AM
Am I allowed to vent here? sborsody Which one should I buy? 25 06-12-2007 01:30 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.