Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Today, 10:40 AM   #1
valka
Junior Member
valka began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Sep 2026
Device: dr1000s
DR1000S: looking for SDK 4.0, kernel sources and firmware

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a fully operational iRex DR1000S running firmware 1.7.1 / Linux `2.6.24-irex #1700`.

I already have the historical `DR1000DevImage.tar.bz2`, the old Poky/iRex ARM toolchain and the original “iOn Development Environment” documentation, so I am not looking for the old development VM.

What I am mainly looking for is:

- **iOn SDK 4.0**
- **iOn Sources 4.0**
- the exact **iRex ER0200 kernel sources** for the DR1000S, ideally including the original iRex/Freescale patches and build metadata
- original `meta-irex` / OpenEmbedded-Poky recipes
- original kernel `Module.symvers` / build files
- complete **DR1000S firmware 1.7.1**
- **DR1000S firmware 2.0 / 2.0 RC3**
- especially `update-dr1000s-rc3.zip`
- any original iRex firmware recovery tools or documentation

Possible kernel source filenames I have found references to are:

`linux-er0200-2.6.24-mx.tar.gz`

`linux-er0200-2.6.24-irex.tar.gz`

I have already successfully experimented with ARM cross-compilation, GadgetFS, PPP, USB Ethernet (`g_ether`), ping and LAN networking, so I’m now mainly trying to recover the original iRex sources and firmware archives.

If anyone still has any of these files in an old backup, hard drive, NAS or DVD, I would be very grateful.

Checksums or information about the original source of the files would also be extremely useful.

Thanks very much!

Luca
valka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dr1000s, firmware, irex, kernel sources, sdk 4.0


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kernel Module VIDEO E-ink (Help build from sources) lexai Kindle Developer's Corner 3 03-17-2017 08:50 AM
Irex Iliad Sdk and Firmware devdev iRex 5 08-18-2013 10:59 AM
Need Kindle Touch firmware 5.3.2.1 kernel AeroFengBlade Kindle Developer's Corner 4 04-24-2013 10:55 PM
SDK for 2.0 firmware online luite iRex 0 06-11-2010 11:59 AM
Observations from Kindle 2 kernel sources TadW Kindle Developer's Corner 3 03-13-2009 05:29 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:55 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.