|
|
#38866 | |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 11,663
Karma: 18006732
Join Date: Apr 2015
Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
|
Quote:
I could not find anyone online selling a replacement button. I will have to look again. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38867 |
|
Bibliophagist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 54,770
Karma: 182340541
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
|
For what it may be worth, I 3-D printed a replacement button bar for a Kobo Forma a couple of years back. I can't find the original source but there are ones on MakerWorld that looks very similar. The links are Kobo Forma Buttons and Kobo Forma eBook Button Fix
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38868 |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 11,663
Karma: 18006732
Join Date: Apr 2015
Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
|
Yes, I saw something similar in my search. I don't have a 3D printer or know someone with one, unfortunately
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38869 |
|
o saeclum infacetum
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 22,205
Karma: 241002891
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Device: Mini, H2O, Glo HD, Aura One, PW4, PW5
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38870 |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 11,663
Karma: 18006732
Join Date: Apr 2015
Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
|
No, not our library. Small town in a rural area. Their funding was cut horribly this year so no budget for extras.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38871 |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 14,146
Karma: 84684858
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38872 |
|
Onyx-maniac
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 4,541
Karma: 22077803
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Germany
Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5, Go6
|
This is not a particular recommendation, but a simple way to get a quote:
https://jlc3dp.com/3d-printing-quote I see that the last project that I printed at home could be as low as $2 plus $6 shipping. You'll find that the biggest problem is deciding the process and material. If your design is good you only have to deal with the one week shipping delay once. If you're trying to fine-tune your own complicated design from scratch nothing beats your own printer. I am blessed to have my own, used, hand-me-down 3D printer that I bought for 50 €. I don't use it as much as a typical 12 year-old continuously printing tschochkis, but it is great that it's right there to use. Also, I'm not tied down to waiting around as it would be with a public printer. Of course you can combine the two approaches, use your own printer to get design and fit then order the final version from a company. Many people do that for car parts. |
|
|
|
|
|
#38873 |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 3,072
Karma: 4340440
Join Date: May 2025
Device: Kobo Forma, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
|
@Hemmi, sorry but when I looked again at the ones I mentioned, it turns out are the ones linked by @DNSB, I had just tought them were there on sale, instead it's the 3D file only.
As others mentions, there are services who can do that prints, if you find a shop nearby yours. As for the vent and rant topic, I'll have to change the clay baker mould, probably better to learn to cook within the right amount of vapor on a simple plate, or change mould's material: the clay, absorning the breads oils, becomes black stained no matter how much someone would scratch it (the clay's porous just absorbs it and there is no way to clean the splashed blackened spots). Edit: @Hemmi, on ebay.com if you search for "3d printing service" there are some. As mentioned before, the "Kobo Forma eBook Button Fix" one posted by @DNSB is the one taller than the other, so within that if you use a device's cover it won't fit, the other link posted on #38867 seems more like the original. Last edited by nana77; Yesterday at 01:18 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#38874 | |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,122
Karma: 153791427
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
Quote:
You need access to a 3D printer. How do you use your phone because you do have to use the touchscreen? Another option is to try harder to use the touchscreen or just do it until you find you are used to it. I went from buttons to touchscreen with no problem at all. I like the touchscreen better. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38875 |
|
Onyx-maniac
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 4,541
Karma: 22077803
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Germany
Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5, Go6
|
I don't know what country you're in Hemmi, but this is a tiny print.
Some good soul could print and mail you one if it cost them just a stamp. |
|
|
|
|
|
#38876 |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 8,315
Karma: 72602129
Join Date: Feb 2009
Device: Kobo Clara 2E
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38877 |
|
Onyx-maniac
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 4,541
Karma: 22077803
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Germany
Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5, Go6
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38878 |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,122
Karma: 153791427
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38879 |
|
Addict
![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 316
Karma: 222
Join Date: May 2026
Location: London, United Kingdom
Device: Kindle PW3, PW6
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38880 |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 11,663
Karma: 18006732
Join Date: Apr 2015
Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
|
I'm in the United States. Next town with a bigger library would be a good 120 miles away.
JSwolf, the phone screen works well enough to make a phone call or send a short text. That's all I use it for. Buttons on an ereader are far superior and that is a hill I will die on. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| I just have to vent... | lacymarie7575 | Sony Reader | 5 | 08-18-2010 07:59 PM |
| I need to vent! Booksonboard! Ugh! | Mrgauth | News | 25 | 12-17-2009 09:26 AM |
| Why, Oh Why! [RANT] | Vesper | Lounge | 19 | 06-19-2008 11:50 AM |
| Am I allowed to vent here? | sborsody | Which one should I buy? | 25 | 06-12-2007 01:30 PM |