|
|
#1 |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Sep 2026
Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe
Device: DELL Tower PC (Windows 11)
|
Suggestion concerning resulting ZIPs
May I suggest something?
When I convert HTML -->EPUB, the result ist the EPUB and a ZIP, which is maybe necessary to create the EPUB, okay. But there may be many users, who do not work or need the ZIP-file. For those (me) it would be nice to have a general "button" or a choice: "Delete the ZIP automatically after Generation had completed successfully?" To date, I have to eliminate the ZIP-file manually after successful EPUB conversion. It's working, but unnecessary additional attention. If I could get an answer, I would be delighted. And of course, if there is a technical obstacle, I would recount my asking. Thanks anyway, Jack Faber |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
creator of calibre
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 46,517
Karma: 29634066
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai, India
Device: Various
|
The ZIP is what the HTML file becomes when you import it. And no there is no setting in calibre to delete the original file when you convert, it would be most injudicious to lose the original in case you later doscover something you wish to change about the conversion.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
null operator (he/him)
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 22,851
Karma: 34252730
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Device: none
|
For me, the 'conversion' of HTML to ZIP happens when I add the HTML file to the library as a book.
I have often wondered why ZIP and not HTMLZ, but not enough to bother me. BR |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Well trained by Cats
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 31,980
Karma: 65700000
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Central Coast of California
Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
creator of calibre
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 46,517
Karma: 29634066
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai, India
Device: Various
|
HTMLZ doesnt support multiple HTML files.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Bibliophagist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 54,748
Karma: 182340541
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
|
While John Schember's original HTMLZ definition was a container format that could contain multiple files though only a single HTML file, I have seen a couple of implementations that allowed multiple HTML files for storing spidered websites. OTOH, HTMLZ seems to be pretty much a dead letter now.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| zip, zip files |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Prevents ZIPs from becoming CBZs | wladdy | Calibre | 3 | 03-01-2014 02:38 PM |
| .7.5 - Zero Length Zips | edbro | Calibre | 2 | 06-27-2010 05:22 PM |
| Calibre 0.6.15-16 importing html files as zips | BKeeper | Calibre | 2 | 10-02-2009 03:29 AM |
| 0.4.8.4 htms turn up as zips | Dan23 | Calibre | 5 | 09-20-2008 12:06 PM |