|
|
#1 |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2025
Device: Kobo Clara BW & Libra Colour
|
[Plugin] Favourites Menu for Settings
Hi guys, just thought I'd pop in here and post the new plugin I've released. It's a favourites bar at the top that lets you pin settings/plugins/menus in one easy-to-access place.
The plugin can be found here Installation instructions can be found in the readme, but the easiest way is to just git clone the repository into the ../.adds/koreader/plugins directory. Plugins can be added by selecting 'Add a favourite' in the new menu icon, and selecting the checkbox next to a setting. Submeus can be added to favourites the same way, except you enter the menu and select the checkbox at the top. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Zealot
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 148
Karma: 1000036
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA
Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Elipsa 2E
|
I just installed your plugin. It's similar to Applauncher but gets you further down into the menu structure which I like. Some quick observations: I was adding a few Quick actions and noticed I had to restart KOReader before they would show up. Perhaps I am missing something, but after adding Quick actions while in reader mode (Gesture overview, History, etc.) they did nothing. Is there something else I need to do to activate them? They work fine in my own QuickMenus. I find this a very useful plugin which I will likely keep installed.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
monstrous mythical beast
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 189
Karma: 5078396
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Klopstokia
Device: Tab Ultra C, Meebook P78 Pro, Viwoods AIPaper Reader, various NXTPAPER
|
Nice plugin, which hopefully will reduce the click through marathon for more often used settings.
I found the selected items of the QuickMenu in the list of the favourite items. The options under QuickMenu position did nothing for me. I wonder what it should look like. Maybe kiran could add some screenshots here or on his github site. I also would prefer if you could add a normal release on github. That makes it easier to follow up on updates. Plus I first downloaded the zip of all the files and put that in the KOReader plugin folder. Of course I forgot to rename the folder (and delete the "-main" part) and wondered why the plugin didn't appeared in the list of user plugins. After renaming the plugin appeared eventually. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2025
Device: Kobo Clara BW & Libra Colour
|
Cheers for the suggestion guys - I’m fairly busy over the next few days but I’ll take a look and update here once they’ve been made.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2025
Device: Kobo Clara BW & Libra Colour
|
Update
Hey guys, I have updated the plugin per the suggestions/issues above. Fixed
Also
There is also now a proper releases section on the GitHub, this release can be found here Thanks for the feedback and if you have any suggestions/issues then please post them here or raise an issue on GitHub |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Zealot
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 148
Karma: 1000036
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA
Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Elipsa 2E
|
I just tried your latest update. Some observations:
1. The "Favorites" I have added seem to work fine although I cannot vouch for all the possibilities I have not tried. 2. Adding "Quick actions" is another story. When adding a "Quick action" it is a crapshoot whether or when it will show up in the menu. Often it will take adding a 2nd or 3rd before the 1st suddenly shows up. They all have one thing in common - none of them work. And the menu never closes after a selection. I'm adding "Quick actions" appropriate for the "reader" with a book open. 3. I'm going to ignore "Quick actions" for now and just stick with "Favorites." I'm not really sure what the distinction between the two is anyway. I can add "History" as a "favorite" and it works fine. I can also add it as a "Quick action" and it does nothing. Your plugin does give me quick access to a few often used main menu options that "Applauncher" does not. So I prefer to use your plugin for now. Thanks. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 | |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2025
Device: Kobo Clara BW & Libra Colour
|
Quote:
As far as the adding of quick actions not working or not doing anything - this should have been fixed in v1.1.0. Try completely deleting the favouritesettings.koplugin directory in /plugins and replacing it with the release, then fully restarting KOReader. If you have a specific example of one not working please let me know so I can take a look at it. Favourites are simply links to the existing menu entries, so they should all work exactly as expected. A simple rule of thumb I'd go by is if you can add it as a Favourite, then use that. Quick Actions are the direct actions that are available through the Dispatcher, which is essentially KOReader's internal list of 'things that can be triggered'. Things like 'full screen refresh' which was previously restricted to use via a gesture or profile can be added to the Favourites list as a Quick Action so you can trigger it from the menu. They may not be super useful for everyone but they're included for the sake of completeness. One important note is that this plugin isn't based on an official API provided by the KOReader developers, so differences in KOReader versions may cause some friction. This was tested against KOReader master (v2026.07.2-193) so if you've confirmed that you're updated the plugin to v1.1.0 and are still encountering issues please let me know the version of KOReader and the action you're using so I can investigate. I'm glad to hear that you like the plugin otherwise though, and thanks for taking the time to provide feedback
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| [GUI Plugin] Favourites Menu | kiwidude | Plugins | 121 | 07-06-2026 11:23 AM |
| Aura One Settings Menu | Schypha | Kobo Reader | 5 | 01-31-2020 04:48 AM |
| Favourites plugin (or one of its "members") crashing Calibre 1.5 and 1.6 | Katsunami | Plugins | 21 | 12-17-2013 11:27 PM |
| Multiple Windows users: their own plugin settings? Are plugin settings global? | oj829 | Plugins | 2 | 12-07-2012 12:33 PM |
| Troubleshooting Can't acess menu from settings... | cam1john | Amazon Kindle | 2 | 06-07-2011 02:00 AM |