|
|
#106 |
|
Bibliophagist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 55,013
Karma: 182340534
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#107 |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 46,326
Karma: 61420445
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Peru
Device: KINDLE: Oasis 3, Scribe (1st), Matcha; KOBO: Libra 2, Libra Colour
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#108 |
|
Bibliophagist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 55,013
Karma: 182340534
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#109 |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 2,327
Karma: 13614476
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
|
It's only a bargain if you actually read them.
![]() I've held off for now. Ignoring the books I already own, I didn't think there was much that I would read in the near future, if I put it up against all the other stuff I already own and haven't read. |
|
|
|
|
|
#110 |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,284
Karma: 154365101
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#111 | |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,284
Karma: 154365101
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
We have another bundle that recently dropped. It's...
The Original Worlds of Timothy Zahn It's 23 books from Open Road Media. It's available in the UK. No need to travel. It's £13.36 in the UK and $18 in the US. Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#112 |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 46,326
Karma: 61420445
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Peru
Device: KINDLE: Oasis 3, Scribe (1st), Matcha; KOBO: Libra 2, Libra Colour
|
I saw that one, too. I have to plead ignorance on this author: I know the name very well, but I've never read anything by him.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#113 |
|
Weirdo
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 1,351
Karma: 13516840
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Wuppertal, Germany
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Tolino Vision Color, reMarkable PaperPro
|
He wrote one of the seminal pieces of the Star Wars expanded universe, the Admiral Thrawn trilogy. The character was so important that they re-introduced him after Disney took over the franchise and even put him on screen.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#114 | |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 46,326
Karma: 61420445
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Peru
Device: KINDLE: Oasis 3, Scribe (1st), Matcha; KOBO: Libra 2, Libra Colour
|
Quote:
I'll check prices on Amazon.US and Kobo.UK. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#115 | |
|
Bibliophagist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 55,013
Karma: 182340534
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
|
I hate to throw a bucket of cold water over this discussion but if we look back to 2026-Sep-1 in message #64 in this thread, Yapyap posted about the Timothy Zahn bundle and I posted my opinion about the bundle in the next message which I will repeat here:
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#116 | |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 1,675
Karma: 12106726
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NE Oregon
Device: Kobo Sage, Pocketbook Era, Kindle Oasis 2, Nook Glowlight 4+
|
Quote:
I ended up passing on the C J Cherryh bundle. As I need a new PC a whole lot more than another big batch of books that I might or might not get around to reading, at my age. Perhaps they'll do another in the future, if not, I'll live, one way or another. I enjoy science fiction, but I enjoy mysteries even more. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#117 | |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 2,327
Karma: 13614476
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
|
The newer bundle is not the Zahn bundle but the Joe Haldeman bundle. 17 books, including Forever War. Available in the UK, where it is £13.37 for all items; don't know what that is in dollars.
Quote:
Another one I will probably pass on, although it looks fairly decent. I already have too many of them. It would probably be cheaper to buy the best of the rest separately. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#118 | |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 2,327
Karma: 13614476
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#119 | |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 3,154
Karma: 4444444
Join Date: May 2025
Device: Kobo Forma, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
|
Fanatical (still, if it's fine to add it in here) has a bundle for "Iconic Sci-Fi Sagas"
Quote:
https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/...as-book-bundle Spoiler:
Last edited by nana77; 10-01-2026 at 12:56 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#120 | |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 1,667
Karma: 30496938
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK
Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
|
Quote:
Of the newer titles, there's only 6 I'm interested in... Unfortunately, it's not a build-your-own bundle. Pity... |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Humble Book Bundle: The Best of Robert Silverberg | ownedbycats | Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links) | 8 | 05-16-2026 02:27 AM |
| Touch Anyway to remove book bundles from Nook? | Kosst Amojan | Barnes & Noble NOOK | 7 | 03-02-2019 09:00 AM |
| Humble Book bundle True Crime - 18 ebooks for $15 | Dr. Drib | Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links) | 1 | 08-24-2016 09:31 PM |
| Humble bundle to expand e-book and audiobook offerings | skinmaan | News | 3 | 03-13-2014 10:57 AM |
| First O'Reilly titles now available as e-book bundles | wallcraft | News | 18 | 07-17-2008 09:22 PM |