|
|
#16 |
|
Member
![]() Posts: 13
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2018
Device: none
|
You actually had me going there for a bit. Disturbingly, several of them are real!
This may an opportunity for someone else to create the "Anti-Award" lookup plugin! I think I'm going to keep my plugin focused on awards intended to recognize literary achievement rather than awards intended to recognize literary catastrophe! Thanks for the laugh. |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 | |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,243
Karma: 154365101
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
Quote:
I would love for you to include all of those awards. Maybe split things into multiple types of awards. The type I posted. The type that's a popularity contest. The type that's a pissing contest, and the type that's actually for excellence (those I don't know which ones they would be given most are popularity contests). Last edited by JSWolf; 09-02-2026 at 07:25 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 1,189
Karma: 1512904
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
|
To make the plugin even more versatile for global and multi-language libraries, I'd like to suggest adding the following award sources in future releases:
1. Spanish & Ibero-American LiteraturePremio Miguel de Cervantes (The highest honor in Spanish-language literature)Premio Planeta (Highest commercial volume and distribution)Premio Alfaguara de NovelaPremio Herralde de Novela (Key indicator for independent/contemporary fiction)Premio Rómulo Gallegos 2. Key European & Regional AwardsPrix Renaudot / Prix Femina / Prix Médicis (France - essential additions alongside the Goncourt)Premio Strega (Italy)Premio Camões (Portugal / Brazil)International Dublin Literary Award (Ireland - excellent coverage of translated world fiction) 3. Crime, Mystery & ComicsEdgar Awards (Mystery Writers of America)CWA Gold Dagger (UK)Eisner Awards (For graphic novels/comics) 4. Asian LiteratureAkutagawa Prize & Naoki Prize (Japan)Mao Dun Literature Prize (China)I understand adding new sources depends on data availability and scrapers (e.g., Wikipedia, DBpedia, or dedicated award databases) |
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Member
![]() Posts: 13
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2018
Device: none
|
That's a great list. Upon review I'd say that I've already designated about half of them for future implementation. The other half was new to me, and I'll put them on my list. Again, I appreciate the input, that's exactly what I've been looking for from the beta release.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,243
Karma: 154365101
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
I hope the ones I suggested get added. Well the ones that are at least able to be added.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#21 |
|
Member
![]() Posts: 13
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2018
Device: none
|
Calibre Awards 0.3.0 beta is now available.
This release adds three executable award sources: • Edgar Awards • Romantic Novel of the Year Awards • International Booker Prize That brings the plugin to 20 executable award sources. There are also a number of changes to existing sources and the interface: • Pulitzer now includes a reviewed bundled Fiction/Novel snapshot, so a cold lookup does not depend on Pulitzer.org accepting the initial request. Live refresh is still attempted where possible. • Nobel Prize in Literature results are handled as author-level awards. Check Awards can show the official prize motivation, unusual statuses such as declined/restricted, and annotations for works explicitly cited in a motivation without claiming that those books themselves won the Nobel Prize. • Check Awards is hidden if no executable award sources are enabled. • Award results without a category no longer leave an empty marker or dangling separator in formatted output. • The progress-dialog Cancel explanation is no longer clipped. • A parsing problem affecting the 2018 Romantic Novel shortlist has been fixed. • HTTP error responses are now explicitly cleaned up after failed source requests. Calibre Awards 0.3.0 requires Calibre 6.0.0 or later. I smoke-tested this release with Calibre 9.15.0. The new release is here: https://github.com/RealLactar/Calibr...ses/tag/v0.3.0 Installation is the usual Calibre plugin process: Preferences → Plugins → Load plugin from file Select Calibre-Awards-0.3.0.zip and restart Calibre if requested. If you are upgrading from an earlier version, your existing settings are retained. The three newly added award sources start enabled, so the first Check Awards lookup after upgrading may take a little longer while their data is loaded. As always, I'm interested in missed awards, incorrect matches, category problems, or source websites that stop working. Title + author + the award/source involved is the most useful information to include in a report. |
|
|
|
|
|
#22 |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,243
Karma: 154365101
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
What about a 0.4.0 version to add in all the awards I listed earlier in this thread?
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| awards, calibre, literary awards, metadata, plugin |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Book awards metadata plugin would be nice! | ehead | Calibre | 1 | 08-26-2026 08:43 AM |
| [GUI Plugin] Goodreads Awards | dunhill | Plugins | 1 | 03-04-2026 03:16 PM |
| 2015 Nebula Awards and Bram Stoker Awards Announced | Dazrin | News | 22 | 05-31-2016 10:47 PM |
| Arthur Ellis 2011 Awards - Crime Writers of Canada Awards | SensualPoet | Reading Recommendations | 2 | 06-02-2011 07:25 PM |
| Do literary awards (Hugo, Pulitzer, etc.) influence your reading habits? | Dr. Drib | Reading Recommendations | 26 | 06-19-2009 05:21 PM |