Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2026, 11:54 AM   #766
Metapath
Connoisseur
Metapath began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 55
Karma: 10
Join Date: Aug 2014
Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Chef View Post
So this plugin seemed to stop working some time between August 6th (when I last imported books successfully) and today. When I tried pulling down the ascm files today, they simply imported into my calibre library as .ascm files.

Did the ByteBooks acquisition break the Anonymous Auth option?
No, it didn't, Anonymous Auth working fine here. The only time I had the issue you're having is when I inadvertently changed the emulation of the plugin from ADE 2.0 to something higher (4.0?). Then, some books wouldn't download properly due to DRM I suppose.

The UI in the plugin isn't great...if you change the emulation mode, it still looks like it's set for 2.0 when it isn't. Just re-select 2.0 and you should be good, except for the failed books...you won't be able to re-download them with an earlier emulation (at least, I couldn't). But it will prevent future issues.
Metapath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2026, 05:15 PM   #767
Cactus Chef
Guru
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Cactus Chef's Avatar
 
Posts: 971
Karma: 12345678
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: East Coast, United States
Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
Hmm. Well, for whatever reason, I re-downloaded a test file from Kobo and then ran it through, and it worked.

I guess whatever batch I grabbed that day (I downloaded like six at once from My Books) was bad.
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2026, 05:10 AM   #768
Azimut
Junior Member
Azimut began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Italy
Device: iBooks
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What was your fix in case anyone has the same error?

From what I read, it looked like a libcryto error of some kind.
I guess I have the same error with DeACSM plug-in:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mrxtu...yeffcwlx8&dl=0

Has anyone been able to solve it? I'm on Calibre 9.15 for Mac. I've read the explanation of @desertdaisy but he/she didn't provide any practical solution.

Last edited by Azimut; 09-28-2026 at 05:13 AM.
Azimut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2026, 05:33 AM   #769
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JSWolf's Avatar
 
Posts: 85,242
Karma: 154365101
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azimut View Post
I guess I have the same error with DeACSM plug-in:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mrxtu...yeffcwlx8&dl=0

Has anyone been able to solve it? I'm on Calibre 9.15 for Mac. I've read the explanation of @desertdaisy but he/she didn't provide any practical solution.
I suggest you PM @desertdaisy and maybe that will get a reply.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2026, 07:08 AM   #770
Azimut
Junior Member
Azimut began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Italy
Device: iBooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I suggest you PM @desertdaisy and maybe that will get a reply.
Found a solution: in my case the problem arises because my Mac derives from an old Intel-based Mac , and then the openssl and lib crypto libraries were on x86_64 version. I post the complete solution:

1. Check what's there. In Terminal, run:
file /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib
ls /opt/homebrew/opt/openssl@3/lib/

The first should say x86_64. The second tells you whether you already have an arm64 OpenSSL.

2. If there is no arm64 OpenSSL, install one with Apple Silicon Homebrew:
/opt/homebrew/bin/brew install openssl@3


3. Get the stale x86_64 file out of the way. If you don't need the Intel Homebrew install, rename it, for example sudo mv /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib.bak. I'm not certain oscrypto will then find the arm64 library on its own. If it doesn't, the next steps come into play. ( strongly suggest to completely uninstall old version of Homebrew, including the PATH additions!)


4. Remove the plugin in Calibre (Preferences → Plugins), quit Calibre, delete ~/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM, and reinstall. Use the newest beta build from the plugin's GitHub Actions page rather than 0.0.16.


5. Restart Calibre and check that the plugin loads without errors.
Azimut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2026, 07:19 AM   #771
Azimut
Junior Member
Azimut began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Italy
Device: iBooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I suggest you PM @desertdaisy and maybe that will get a reply.
SOLVED! In my case I guess it depends on old libraries coming from migration of an Intel-based Mac and silently installed on my Apple Silicon present Mac Mini:

these the steps:

1) Check what's there. In Terminal, run:
file /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib
ls /opt/homebrew/opt/openssl@3/lib/

The first should say x86_64. The second tells you whether you already have an arm64 OpenSSL.

2) If there is no arm64 OpenSSL, install one with Apple Silicon Homebrew:
/opt/homebrew/bin/brew install openssl@3

3) Get the stale x86_64 file out of the way. If you don't need the Intel Homebrew install, rename it, for example sudo mv /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib.bak. I'm not certain oscrypto will then find the arm64 library on its own. If it doesn't, the next steps come into play. (I strongly suggest to completely uninstall the old installation of Homebrew, including the PATH dependencies!)

4) Remove the plugin in Calibre (Preferences → Plugins), quit Calibre, delete ~/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM, and reinstall. Use the newest beta build from the plugin's GitHub Actions page rather than 0.0.16.


5) Restart Calibre and check that the plugin loads without errors.
Azimut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:47 AM   #772
Truus
Enthusiast
Truus began at the beginning.
 
Truus's Avatar
 
Posts: 25
Karma: 10
Join Date: Sep 2026
Device: BeBook
Instalaled DeACSM disappeared overnight

Years later, but couldn't find a later thread

Yesterday I installed DeACSM-plugin 0.0.16 in Calibre 9.15.0: saw it appear among the installed Plugins, then restarted Calibre: still there.
Wanted to re-read instructions for connecting with ADE before taking that step, so left that for today. Surprize: it's gone!
Tried installing it again but can't.

What can be the matter?
Truus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FileType Plugin] GetFileName Terisa de morgan Plugins 417 07-16-2024 03:37 AM
[FileType Plugin] YVES Bible Plugin ClashTheBunny Plugins 27 01-16-2023 01:25 AM
help with epub on_import filetype plugin digitalvideo Development 4 02-27-2020 05:13 AM
Question about file_types in FileType plugin Terisa de morgan Plugins 6 02-08-2017 05:53 AM
Zip Filetype Plugin? rsingley Plugins 7 02-11-2011 05:11 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.