Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2026, 09:05 AM   #61
Dibbler
Enthusiast
Dibbler began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 30
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: UK
Device: Nook Simple Touch Kobo Aura One, Clara 2E, Clara BW and Libra BW
My locked X4 Pro turned up from Aliexpress yesterday. I have since installed Crosspoint, the latest RC build, a few dictionaries and fonts.
I am still a little hesitant on how much I will use it over my Kobo devices that I have used for many years, but I am starting to find some appeal for it.
The worse and yet best things about it is its size, many reasons to not like it and yet so versatile, with a suitable case fitted, to be easily carried.

Still much to consider and see how much it gets used but at roughly half the cost of what I would otherwise have paid for it, with the understanding that there are restrictions on it compared to the one officially sold, I am happy enough.
Dibbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2026, 05:44 PM   #62
andyh2000
Avid reader (he/him)
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
andyh2000's Avatar
 
Posts: 940
Karma: 7324694
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 6 / Kindle Paperwhite / TCL Nxtpaper 14 / X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibbler View Post
My locked X4 Pro turned up from Aliexpress yesterday. I have since installed Crosspoint, the latest RC build, a few dictionaries and fonts.
I am still a little hesitant on how much I will use it over my Kobo devices that I have used for many years, but I am starting to find some appeal for it.
The worse and yet best things about it is its size, many reasons to not like it and yet so versatile, with a suitable case fitted, to be easily carried.

Still much to consider and see how much it gets used but at roughly half the cost of what I would otherwise have paid for it, with the understanding that there are restrictions on it compared to the one officially sold, I am happy enough.
I was surprised how useful they are despite the small size. You're more likely to shove it in your pocket just in case, and the best eReader (like the best camera and the best telescope) is the one you have with you that you'll use.
andyh2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 06:24 AM   #63
Dibbler
Enthusiast
Dibbler began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 30
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: UK
Device: Nook Simple Touch Kobo Aura One, Clara 2E, Clara BW and Libra BW
Yes, it has surprised me a little, even though I use my Libra 2 BW each night, I am reading with the X4 Pro and enjoying the experience.
Crosspoint seems decent on the reader, and it was useful buying a case with a cover, for when it is carried in a pocket. An element of care needed, as they do otherwise seem a little fragile, without a case.
Dibbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.