|
|
#16 | |
|
Fanatic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 556
Karma: 125599
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bensalem, PA
Device: Kindle Scribe, Nook Glowlight 4, Apple iPad Pro 12.9"
|
Quote:
Each brand has its own island in the store, so it's impossible to comparison shop, which is probably how the vendors want it. The Kindles are nowhere near the Kobos. The Samsung tablets are nowhere near the Lenovo tablets. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 8,311
Karma: 72602129
Join Date: Feb 2009
Device: Kobo Clara 2E
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,062
Karma: 153791427
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
That's where it starts and it only gets worse. Get another cover while you can.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Fanatic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 556
Karma: 125599
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bensalem, PA
Device: Kindle Scribe, Nook Glowlight 4, Apple iPad Pro 12.9"
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Member
![]() Posts: 10
Karma: 10
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Device: Kobo Forma, Boox Tab C Ultra, Boox Palma, Kobo Libra Colour
|
I was glad to read about Best Buy having Kobos, since I had been thinking about my next e-reader and about taking notes.
The nearest Best Buy interior looked nothing like what I recalled from a few years ago...yeah, that "flea market stall" floor plan is weird. They did have a Libra Colour with a tethered Stylus 2 on display, so I was able to try handwriting and conversion to text as well as reading. I left with a Libra Colour. They didn't have a stylus in stock. The DoorDash service Best Buy uses to deliver stuff by mail order left my Stylus 2 outside a garage halfway down the street, so I'm glad I didn't order the reader that way. My sole criticism so far is that notes export requires Google or DropBox. I'm faintly surprised WebDAV options like NextCloud aren't supported, but DropBox will suffice for now. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Did you buy one of the new Kobos (or do you plan to)? | Sirtel | Kobo Reader | 241 | 02-22-2022 04:59 AM |
| New Kobos - no micro SD ahhh! no buy | christopher22 | Kobo Reader | 56 | 11-02-2019 09:18 PM |
| Playstore v8.4 prepares to begin selling audiobooks | Lynx-lynx | News | 7 | 11-02-2017 10:10 PM |
| Tantor Media to Begin Selling Downloads Only. | GtrsRGr8 | News | 9 | 03-28-2017 07:22 PM |
| where do you buy your Kobos? | phunnylinguist | Kobo Reader | 11 | 10-12-2014 05:25 PM |