Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #31
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
well, charge up that battery so it will be ready to play tomorrow ! (little tip : if you charge via the usb cable, make sure your pc doesn't shut down / go to sleep, as that will *empty* the battery). you're going to love it !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #32
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Good luck trying to sleep tonight. Betcha you're before dawn.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #33
MaxwellBeckett
MaxwellBeckett began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505-Red
I’m always up at dawn anyway.
My Reader is now charging.

Max
MaxwellBeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #34
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Good luck trying to sleep tonight. Betcha you're before dawn.
My money's on him not going to bed until after it's charged, then reading in bed!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #35
TeddieS
TeddieS began at the beginning.

Device: none
LOL You sounded just like me when I ordered mine. I hope you have enjoyed it. I carried with me 15 books through airports and on plane and never once got a sore arm for it.
Enjoy
TeddieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:38 AM   #36
platypus
platypus began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
omg the longest 30 minutes of my life, waiting for the red light to turn off after i read the directions that you had to have it fully charged hahahaha

Last edited by platypus; 05-09-2009 at 01:20 PM.
platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:29 AM   #37
TeddieS
TeddieS began at the beginning.

Device: none
Oh and don't forget the 3 seconds waiting for the Reader to sync with the library!! Those are even longer!!! LOL
TeddieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:16 AM   #38
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Soooooooo????? are you reading? late into the night? (early into the morning?) What book was your "first?" I'm dying to know, but I fear we will never see you again now that you have your hot little number in your hand!

Congrats!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:50 AM   #39
MaxwellBeckett
MaxwellBeckett began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505-Red
Hi everyone,
Yes I have started reading on my Reader. It’s great. I began with one of the «special deals» books on the sony ebookstore : Once bitten, Twice shy. I enjoy a good vampire story, this one is allright. I also picked up Weapons of Choice.
At first I was a little disappointed with the contrast, but when I started actually reading I found that it was fine. I dont notice it. I did try converting a cbr comic book file just to see how it looked. It that case I find the contrast to be insufficient for a comfortable read, but understandably so since the original file was in color. I suspect that if I tried it with a black and white comic it would look fine.

Right now I still have a few free (and 1$) books to read. I expect to pick up a few Terry Pratchett discworld books. I’m anxious to read something from an author whose regular books I’ve read before. To see if it «feels» different.

Cheers,
Max
MaxwellBeckett is offline   Reply With Quote