|
|
#3346 |
|
o saeclum infacetum
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 22,198
Karma: 241002891
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Device: Mini, H2O, Glo HD, Aura One, PW4, PW5
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3347 |
|
Professor of Law
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 3,855
Karma: 69840379
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3348 |
|
Avid reader (he/him)
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 940
Karma: 7324694
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 6 / Kindle Paperwhite / TCL Nxtpaper 14 / X4
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3349 | |
|
o saeclum infacetum
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 22,198
Karma: 241002891
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Device: Mini, H2O, Glo HD, Aura One, PW4, PW5
|
Quote:
I'm still enjoying this, very much indeed, but I wish editing didn't tend to exist in the breach these days. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3350 |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 46,294
Karma: 61420445
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Peru
Device: KINDLE: Oasis 3, Scribe (1st), Matcha; KOBO: Libra 2, Libra Colour
|
Thanks for the recommendation, even though I wasn't asking for it. (That's the beauty of Mobileread: Discovering books and authors you didn't even know you wanted!)
Picked up Orbital today. Will start it when I finish the Javier Marias book I'm reading. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3351 |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 2,139
Karma: 16354010
Join Date: May 2017
Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
|
I have more books to read than I have time for.
I am almost done with The Stormlight Archive (50% in book 5) then in feb/march/april I want to read as many normal sized stand alone books as I can before I start the other series I want to read. May-December I want to read Mistborn series, Throne of glass, ACOTAR, Shadow of What Was Lost series
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3352 |
|
temp. out of service
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 2,823
Karma: 24681012
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Duisburg (DE)
Device: PB 623
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3353 |
|
Avid reader (he/him)
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 940
Karma: 7324694
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 6 / Kindle Paperwhite / TCL Nxtpaper 14 / X4
|
I've started reading the Sweetpea series of books ("Bridget Jones's Diary meets Dexter") and apparently the author is a lecturer in creative writing at Bath Spa University. Her misuse of commas in sentences is pretty jarring sometimes and I don't think it's supposed to be sweetpea's diary entries which you might imagine would be informal.
I hereby apologise to @Issybird for not taking her criticisms more seriously - even in informal writing stuff like this can be annoying. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3354 |
|
Custom User Title
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 11,858
Karma: 83109175
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Canada
Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
|
Rant: Very very inaccurate back cover summaries. WTF?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3355 |
|
Guru
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 958
Karma: 12345678
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: East Coast, United States
Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
|
I'm seeing more light novels follow that stupid Japanese trend of putting the entire novel description into the title, so perhaps they then ran out of things to put on the back summary.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3356 |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,083
Karma: 153791427
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3357 | |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,083
Karma: 153791427
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3358 |
|
Custom User Title
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 11,858
Karma: 83109175
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Canada
Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3359 |
|
Still reading
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 15,688
Karma: 114630515
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Ireland
Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3360 |
|
Bibliophist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 9,223
Karma: 8582523
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: England
Device: none
|
Yes!!
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| The Technology Vent and Rant Thread | pdurrant | Lounge | 3648 | Today 07:16 AM |
| The Vent and Rant Thread | TadW | Lounge | 38852 | Today 04:39 AM |
| Query about moderation in the Vent & Rant Thread. | Hitch | Feedback | 14 | 07-16-2016 05:05 PM |
| Seriously thoughtful why did the vent and rant thread get moved? | kindlekitten | Lounge | 10 | 04-05-2011 04:47 PM |