Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-24-2024, 04:48 PM   #31
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghirrim View Post
Will it work with fastboot flash, or I'll have to go with edl...
Same difference. You can also "fastboot boot whatever".
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 01:41 AM   #32
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Forma / Onyx Boox Page
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Same difference. You can also "fastboot boot whatever".
Lol no, if I can avoid opening my Page again... I'll go with a real flash, at least a long press on power button does reboot it.
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 02:45 AM   #33
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Flashed with EDL... Bricked again.....The good thing is that now it gets opened much faster.

Last edited by Anghirrim; 05-25-2024 at 04:32 AM.
Old 05-25-2024, 06:11 AM   #34
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

First of all, have you tried an EDL cable?
That works on my Poke5 but not my Poke3.
Both my Pokes (and my phone) have magnetic reed switches too.

Um, you didn't use Windows Notepad to edit any files, did you?
I use the independently produced Notepad++ which is not related.
Old 05-25-2024, 06:26 AM   #35
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal

Quote:
Both my Pokes (and my phone) have magnetic reed switches too.

Um, you didn't use Windows Notepad to edit any files, did you?
I use the independently produced Notepad++ which is not related.
Nope, not tested yet for the EDL cable. I still need to get some quiet time (without kids around) to make one.

And yes, I did use Notepad++.

Stock recovery flashed back. All is fine now (until next attempt ).
Old 05-25-2024, 07:15 AM   #36
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal

Ok, I'll now make four attempts to identify what's buggy.

Attempt 1 (just extract and repack, to see if the Page can boot a repacked recovery, even without changes): ==> Success, boots fine
Code:
C:\>imgutil stock_recovery.img /x /v prop.default
C:\>imgutil stock_recovery.img /r /v prop.default
Attempt 2: ==> Failure, white screen
Code:
- Edit default.prop with Notepad++ ==> ro.secure=0
Attempt 3: Skipped
Code:
- Edit default.prop with Notepad++ ==> ro.secure=0 | ro.debuggable=1
Attempt 4: Skipped
Code:
- Edit default.prop with Notepad++ ==> ro.secure=0 | ro.debuggable=1 | ro.adb.secure=0
Attempt 4: Skipped
Code:
- Edit default.prop with Notepad++ ==> ro.secure=0 | ro.debuggable=1 | ro.adb.secure=0
Attempt 5: Skipped
Code:
- Edit default.prop with Notepad++ ==> To Be confirmed
Attempt 6: ==> Success, boots fine and adb under recovery enabled and can take commands
Code:
- Edit default.prop with Notepad++ ==> ro.adb.secure=0
Attempt 7: ==> Failure, boots fine and adb under recovery enabled, but can't take commands due to SELINUX context issue
Code:
- Edit default.prop with Notepad++ ==> ro.debuggable=1 | ro.adb.secure=0

Last edited by Anghirrim; 05-25-2024 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-25-2024, 07:56 AM   #37
Renate
Wizard

Your first attempt (which worked) should have reduced the size of the recovery image by a lot.

Give me a link please to your original recovery.img so that I can see what's going on.

Edit: Oh, if #6 works, you're on the trail.

Last edited by Renate; 05-25-2024 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-25-2024, 08:09 AM   #38
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal

Quote:
Your first attempt (which worked) should have reduced the size of the recovery image by a lot.

Give me a link please to your original recovery.img so that I can see what's going on.
Yes, the first one reduced the recovery image size from 100,7Mo down to 46,6Mo.

Hey, at least just changing the "ro.adb.secure=0" seem to be enough to enable adb and get it working. I can now reboot to edl mode from both running Android and Recovery, which is nice

So the attempt 6 works fine.

Now, having MTP working could be nice too.

While for the stock recovery, here you go!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Goi...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Anghirrim; 05-25-2024 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-25-2024, 09:15 AM   #39
Renate
Wizard

Try the custom recovery I sent you.
It only makes a white screen, but you should have ADB.
Just for fun:
Code:
# start ttyscreen
# start autoupdate
No, don't do any update or plug anything in.
I just want to see what works.
Code:
# reboot
Old 05-25-2024, 09:52 AM   #40
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal

Quote:
Try the custom recovery I sent you.
It only makes a white screen, but you should have ADB.
Just for fun:
Code:
# start ttyscreen
# start autoupdate
No, don't do any update or plug anything in.
I just want to see what works.
Code:
# reboot
Hey, just tried, it boots into a white screen as you said, but adb does not find any device. I can't adb shell your two other commands.

I've seen that you've changed the prebuilt kernel as well as added your two services in ramdisk /system/bin (plus another thing).

Last edited by Anghirrim; 05-25-2024 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-25-2024, 10:06 AM   #41
Renate
Wizard

What did the screen show? The recovery menu or white or what?

Please try again, same download URL, new image.

Last edited by Renate; 05-25-2024 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-25-2024, 10:23 AM   #42
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal

Quote:
What did the screen show? The recovery menu or white or what?

Please try again, same download URL, new image.
White screen only.

I'll try a bit later thr new one.
Old 05-25-2024, 10:37 AM   #43
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal

Still no luck.

Boots to white screen, then nothing.

And if I "adb shell" or "adb devices", the screen flashes once. Then nothing.
Old 05-25-2024, 10:43 AM   #44
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal

I might give TWRP a try.... There are three Motorola phones (Defy, G9 Power and G30) using the same SoC officially supported by TWRP.

The G30 seems to be my best chance as it is compatible with the branch I am using for the Galaxy Tab S9 FE.

I will have a look and eventually adapt the device tree.

Last edited by Anghirrim; 05-25-2024 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-26-2024, 05:00 AM   #45
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal

Quote:
Hey, I have made some progress on the EDL cable DYI (see attachment).

So, what you meant with EDL cable, is this type of cable (for which we find a ton of tutorials on the net). A USB-A / USB-C cable, where Gnd and D+ are bridged during boot up? Then released?

I have tested both green and grey, they match the proper USB-A contact. And the grey is actually the same Ground than the metallic mesh shield we can see on the background (and also the main metallic casing that is plugged).

Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240526_084910540.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	208509  

Last edited by Anghirrim; 05-26-2024 at 05:03 AM.