Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2024, 06:51 PM   #2206
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I would suggest a new thread with updated information from the first message in this thread should be created.
But what about all the other useful info in this thread that's not in the first post? That would also need to be moved to the new thread. That means reading the thread from the start to find out what should be kept.
Old 05-22-2024, 09:46 PM   #2207
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But what about all the other useful info in this thread that's not in the first post? That would also need to be moved to the new thread. That means reading the thread from the start to find out what should be kept.
There are over two thousand posts in this thread! Trying to find the information that is still useful today in all of that would be a huge effort!

If someone wants to start a new thread and summarize the things that are still relevant today that would be great. It won’t be me doing that.
Advert
Old 05-23-2024, 02:33 AM   #2208
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Thank you @jhowell for all your work investigating and unraveling Kindle formats, Kindle apps and associated DRM. You are much appreciated
Old 05-23-2024, 05:09 AM   #2209
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
There are over two thousand posts in this thread! Trying to find the information that is still useful today in all of that would be a huge effort!

If someone wants to start a new thread and summarize the things that are still relevant today that would be great. It won’t be me doing that.
Exactly my point. If nobody wants to weed out the useful info, then the thread needs to be stickied again.
Old 05-23-2024, 05:10 AM   #2210
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

Unsutck
The thread needs to be stuck again since nobody wants to find all the useful info to make a new thread.
Advert
Old 05-23-2024, 07:32 AM   #2211
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Exactly my point. If nobody wants to weed out the useful info, then the thread needs to be stickied again.
The logic of that escapes me.
Old 05-23-2024, 12:33 PM   #2212
Lief
Enthusiast
Lief began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I would suggest a new thread with updated information from the first message in this thread should be created.
I agree
Old 05-23-2024, 01:52 PM   #2213
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
The thread needs to be stuck again since nobody wants to find all the useful info to make a new thread.
Nope!
If no one cares to make a weeded NEW thread, then they can find it where the old thread falls.

I have been here at MR for a decade +
There are many new (and some old timers) posters that never bother to look.
Look at the number of questions that have new threads started, All within a few days for the same issue
Old 05-23-2024, 02:40 PM   #2214
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Weed it yourself if you're so insistent on it.
Old 05-24-2024, 01:37 PM   #2215
Jacques Q.
Connoisseur
Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: quite a few Kindles...
Hello.
I have a slight problem.
I got a "print replica" book from Amazon, with a few images, but not a gigantic one (6.2 Mb).
When trying to convert to EPub I get this message after about 10 seconds :
"Cannot convert [title of book]
Exception('This book has a layout that is incompatible with calibre conversion. For best results use either the From KFX user interface plugin or the KFX input plugin CLI for conversion.')".
I checked, and it seems both plugins are indeed installed (I've had no issue converting other KFX books).
(Last time I tried to convert a "print replica" book was before I made the change to the "new method" : I don't know whether it was technically the same process, but the book was in AZW4, I used the 1.17 Send-to-Kindle and it worked.)
If this is any help, the book's ASIN is B0BWYKNTYS.
Does someone have any idea about what causes the problem and how I could solve it ?
Thanks a lot in advance.
"
Old 05-24-2024, 02:05 PM   #2216
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
Exception error message text instructs you what you should do.
For details you need to read KFX Input plugin documentation here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...76&postcount=1

Read text inside " "From KFX" toolbar action" spoiler and "Command Line Interface" spoiler.

Last edited by shamanNS; 05-24-2024 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-24-2024, 04:01 PM   #2217
Ma'am-I-Am
Preferred pronouns: We/Us
Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2
Print replica and azw4 are PDFs wrapped in Kindle "giftwrap" and we know how unsuccessful converting PDF to epub is. Read the above to learn to extract the PDF, if that's what you want.
Old 05-26-2024, 03:48 AM   #2218
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Stuck with KCR files

So I bought a book and I am only getting KCR files. I am on Mac.

I've tried Method B with several old versions of Kindle for Mac, to no avail, I am still only getting KCR and mbpV2 files. The book in question is dated November 2021.
If anyone could lend a hand liberating this book, it would be great. Thank you.
Old 05-26-2024, 05:13 AM   #2219
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
@paola

For method 2B, there is also this note from odamizu:

Quote:
download books using right-click on mouse and selecting "Download", or use menu bar "File > Download". Do NOT open the book. If you open the book, you end up with .kcr, in which case delete the book and re-download per above without opening it.

Last edited by lkmiller; 05-26-2024 at 05:17 AM. Reason: added link
Old 05-26-2024, 09:19 AM   #2220
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
@paola

For method 2B, there is also this note from odamizu:
thank you, that is what I did - sadly it did not work :-(
I tried removing and adding the book again, several times in various combinations with installing/uninstalling old Kindle for Mac versions, but sadly it did not work.

Only thing, I could not find Kind for Mac version 1.25.2, though maybe it does not matter?

Just in case it is relevant, my MacBook is running Sonoma 14.5
Closed Thread

Tags
k4pc, kindle for pc