Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-19-2024, 03:24 PM   #1
Darthagnon
Darthagnon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Wink Kindle 4: Motherboard works, screen is blank

Following my previous issues with my Kindle 4, my mum happened to pass me a non-functional Kindle 4 for spare parts. My original is a ship of Theseus, but working fine, so I've now got a spare to play with.

It charges, powers on, and I even dumped the books that were on it (a bunch of sci-fi omnibuses, much better than the usual teen romance rubbish I've found on old Kindles). However, the screen is blank and displays nothing. It appears to be undamaged, no marks anywhere.

I've opened it up, but no clues there. Does anyone here know where I should look on the circuit board for troubleshooting this? I'm guessing the motherboard is generally fine, as it still boots, charges, connects to USB and read/writes. Replacing the screen is likely not worth it, but as it is quite nice and unscratched, I'd like to save it from ewaste if I can.
Darthagnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 07:19 PM   #2
axu2
Connoisseur
axu2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Amazon takes broken Kindles for trade-in for 20% off on a new Kindle.
axu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert