Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-28-2023, 12:40 PM   #1
Szybet
Connoisseur
Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo nia
Smile Anki compatible flashcard app for kobo's

Hello
I just want to share one of my creations on this ugly forum, as in the tittle:
https://github.com/Szybet/sanki
Here is a small demo:
https://github.com/Szybet/sanki/raw/...sanki-demo.mkv

I hope someone likes it
Szybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 04:27 PM   #2
elinkser
Groupie
elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
From the video, it looks like it has many interesting features.

I thought it would be good example of a Qt standalone app.

But I downloaded the zip archive and all I saw was app.json, sanki.isa, and sanki.isa.dgst.

And app.json says "ExecPath" is "app-bin/sanki.sh", which is not provided.

Then I saw on the Release page:
"Works with InkBox 2.0 only"

Welp, that rules out my Clara HD.
elinkser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 07:38 AM   #3
Szybet
Connoisseur
Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.

Well if you, or anyone on this ugly forum knows a bit of programming, linux then they could port sanki to stock nickel. I have no interest in this.

Or port inkbox to clara, but that's cursed at this point
Old 05-29-2023, 01:46 PM   #4
elinkser
Groupie
elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szybet View Post
Well if you, or anyone on this ugly forum knows a bit of programming, linux then they could port sanki to stock nickel. I have no interest in this.
Pls check your messages.

Quote:
Or port inkbox to clara, but that's cursed at this point
Hmm, so is it too much to expect inkbox on Clara HD or Sage?
What about KOReader on inkbox?Thanks.
Old 05-30-2023, 12:35 AM   #5
Szybet
Connoisseur

Koreader could run on InkBox for sure?

Any device could be ported to InkBox, just already the 10 people that declared "I will port it" gived up in the middle of the journey. No one tryied sage yet.
Old 06-26-2023, 07:34 AM   #6
Szybet
Connoisseur

New release: Nickel support
https://github.com/Szybet/sanki/releases/tag/v0.0.3
Old 06-28-2023, 05:38 PM   #7
elinkser
Groupie

Works on my Clara HD just like in the video!

So I downloaded some publicly shared flashcard decks from:
https://ankiweb.net/shared/decks/

I tried:
Linux Shell Commands
https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1107282144

Which worked well, although a feeble challenge to me.

Couple of quirks:
Could add the deck file from /mnt/onboard/ but not from /mnt/onboard/myanki/ directory.
If the font is too big e.g. 16, the front card gets letters chopped off at the bottom though there is still screen space.

Then I tried:
Piano Notes and Keys
https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/2145130205

And images work! But too tiny, so a zoom feature would be nice.

I tried a couple more decks with images:
Edible weeds and wild herb identification
https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1794956578
Dog breeds
https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/152277077

These made good use of the E-ink mode while playing setting, so I could set the higher resolution.
A couple of images were too big for the screen, but the app handled panning the image with scrollbars.

So again solid performance, although zoom would be ideal.

It didn't respond to sleep button.
If I let it sleep, I would need to power cycle.

Overall a slick little flash card apo for studying, learning languages, preparing speeches, etc on your Kobo.
Also I think it is a great example for programmers who want to use their high-powered workstations to create a standalone CPlusPlus/Qt app.
Old 06-29-2023, 03:05 AM   #8
Szybet
Connoisseur

The newest release fixes adding decks:
https://github.com/Szybet/sanki/releases/tag/v0.0.3.1

Images need to be resized while creating the deck, I will add in the future an option to resize them in sanki.

As for sleep, it's pain to add, look here for InkBox implementation
https://github.com/Kobo-InkBox/inkbox-power-daemon

The author of Obenkyobo had problems with it too soo... I don't plan to add it
Old 09-09-2023, 07:43 AM   #9
Szybet
Connoisseur

Version v0.0.3.2 released

Many fixes, a few UI improvements, fixes brightness controlling for InkBox
https://github.com/Szybet/sanki/releases/tag/v0.0.3.2
Old 02-04-2024, 01:11 PM   #10
Szybet
Connoisseur

I still update this app
Latest changes are full eink waveform mode control, subsessions, support for ebooks as cards opened by koreader thanks to inkbox flexibility
Old 02-06-2024, 05:46 PM   #11
elinkser
Groupie

Quote:
I still update this app
Latest changes are full eink waveform mode control, subsessions, support for ebooks as cards opened by koreader thanks to inkbox flexibility

Wait, you compiled KOReader for InkBox?

No offence to Sanki, which I think is one of the few GUI apps available on both Nickel and InkBox, but KOReader on InkBox sounds like the headline to me.

Like, the Kobo target is not even for musl, which InkBox uses, no?
Old 02-07-2024, 12:26 PM   #12
Szybet
Connoisseur

Huh

Koreader is available for InkBox for a few months now. The binaries are the same, I just modified some lua code for hardware identification and handling inkbox sand boxing, that's it.

We don't use only musl, we use glibc for Qt & The rest of apps

Here I just desandboxed sanki, made it launch koreader and that's it.

There were a few problems on koreader on the glo, but I think those issues are fixed on dev version of inkbox that I use
Old 02-07-2024, 03:38 PM   #13
elinkser
Groupie

Quote:
Koreader is available for InkBox for a few months now.
Oh...
Old 02-07-2024, 04:18 PM   #14
Szybet
Connoisseur

https://github.com/Kobo-InkBox/user-applications
https://github.com/Szybet/koreader-i...tag/2023-10-07
The source is here:
https://github.com/Szybet/koreader-inkbox