Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-02-2023, 04:40 PM   #2806
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspear View Post
That is my backup plan. I was hoping for a way to investigate the raw data some on the eReder itself. Otherwise, just a tedious job to track them down and change the status.

Tim
It's all stored in \.kobo\KoboReader.sqlite, open with SQLiteStudio or similar. In the content table is _PercentRead_ row. However, there's a lot of duplicate entries for the same book, so would not advise changing.

It might be easier to set up a Kobo colleciton column, put all your incorrect-status books into a collection, and then have the KoboTouch driver sync it to device. Then just delete the collection when you're fixed them.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 12:08 AM   #2807
tspear
Enthusiast
tspear began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
So I spot checked a dozen entries, using the reverse order of date added. I was correct, it is the oldest books I have "finished" per Kobo. And based on the date stamp, it pretty much matches when my last Kobo died and I replaced it.

So, I already knew that Kobo does not expose to the user the ratings/reviews or even keep the book details available online. However, Kobo does track the state of the book, at a minimum. Even with that said, after spending some time on trying to figure how Kobo was keeping the state of the book, it was not obvious.

Considering how few books this represents in my total collection, I am going to just do it manually. Possibly with your suggested method; but I may not bother, Since going forward I really only care about having the correct status in Calibre.

Thanks for the assist.

Tim
tspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 03:05 AM   #2808
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - current_rating=8, new_kobo_rating=0
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - current_rating != new_kobo_rating= True
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - current_rating != new_kobo_rating and not (current_rating is None and new_kobo_rating == 0)= True
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - current_rating != new_kobo_rating and new_kobo_rating > 0= False
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - position changed for: Maverick Gambit - Marjorie King
I think this is the issue. Due to some reason, ratings are not matching (I don't even think they are storing now but it's comparing them and finding them differents), and it's trying to match it every time.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 12-03-2023 at 03:10 AM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 02:17 PM   #2809
tspear
Enthusiast
tspear began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I think this is the issue. Due to some reason, ratings are not matching (I don't even think they are storing now but it's comparing them and finding them differents), and it's trying to match it every time.
I think it is because I messed up the books on the Kobo. Not sure how I did it, but a number of books have two copies. The two which have a problem actually have three listed on the Kobo.

So, I am just going to finish my current book, and wipe the Kobo and start over. Sideloading only....

Tim
tspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 03:56 PM   #2810
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I think it is because I messed up the books on the Kobo. Not sure how I did it, but a number of books have two copies. The two which have a problem actually have three listed on the Kobo.

So, I am just going to finish my current book, and wipe the Kobo and start over. Sideloading only....

Tim
Have you ever re-sent those book to device? That's a common way for books to 'duplicate.' Either the title/author changes, making a new file, or you change the save template, making a new file.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 12-04-2023 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-04-2023, 04:59 PM   #2811
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:

Tim
Why don't you remove those duplicated books and resend them instead of starting over? Just a suggestion (now you say it, it has happened to me some times and I always remove those books in the ereader).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 09:54 PM   #2812
CAFlanny
Connoisseur
CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Meebook P78 Pro, Kindles: PW5, Voyage, & Keyboard
I'm getting this error message when I connect my Kobo Libra H2O to Calibre:

calibre, version 7.1.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:combine() argument 1 must be datetime.date, not time.struct_time

calibre 7.1 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.22631-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.22631')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.22631', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 6, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 6, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 5, 2) && Count Pages (1, 13, 4) && FanFicFare (4, 30, 0) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 3) && Goodreads Sync (1, 16, 3) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 6, 0) && KFX Input (2, 6, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (2, 4, 0) && KFX Output (2, 4, 0) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 29) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Books (1, 9, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 12) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 7) && Obok DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Overdrive Link (2, 57, 0) && Reading Goal (1, 2, 3) && Overdrive Link Metadata Source (2, 57, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 746, in dispatch
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2419, in _store_completed
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.dialogs", line 2798, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.dialogs", line 2908, in populate_table
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.dialogs", line 2971, in populate_table_row
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.common_utils", line 385, in __init__
File "calibre\utils\date.py", line 370, in format_date
TypeError: combine() argument 1 must be datetime.date, not time.struct_time

The custom columns are not updated with percentage read, last updated, etc.
CAFlanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 01:39 AM   #2813
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAFlanny View Post

Spoiler:
calibre, version 7.1.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:combine() argument 1 must be datetime.date, not time.struct_time

Python 3.11.5
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 6, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 6, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 5, 2) && Count Pages (1, 13, 4) && FanFicFare (4, 30, 0) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 3) && Goodreads Sync (1, 16, 3) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 6, 0) && KFX Input (2, 6, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (2, 4, 0) && KFX Output (2, 4, 0) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 29) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Books (1, 9, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 12) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 7) && Obok DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Overdrive Link (2, 57, 0) && Reading Goal (1, 2, 3) && Overdrive Link Metadata Source (2, 57, 0)

Oddly what appears to be the exact same error was discussed back in 2019 and was addressed by @davidfor. Check the message string starting from message #1628 in this thread.

Last edited by DNSB; 12-07-2023 at 01:42 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 05:32 AM   #2814
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAFlanny View Post

calibre, version 7.1.0

Python 3.11.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Oddly what appears to be the exact same error was discussed back in 2019 and was addressed by @davidfor. Check the message string starting from message #1628 in this thread.
I think I see what is happening. As in the older posts, the date in the kobo database probably is invalid. In that case the wrong sort of date is used by kobo utilities, "now" as a time structure instead of a datetime.

This beta should fix it, but as I have no way to test it I don't know for certain. At least it shouldn't break anything.

[Beta version removed]

Last edited by chaley; 12-11-2023 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Beta version removed because it has been released
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 08:56 PM   #2815
CAFlanny
Connoisseur
CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you both for your help. I installed the plugin. The error message doesn't show when connecting my Kobo, but it doesn't update percent read, position, and date.
Old 12-07-2023, 10:16 PM   #2816
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Do you have 'prompt to store changes' enabled, or just automatically?
Old 12-07-2023, 10:42 PM   #2817
CAFlanny
Connoisseur

Yes, it is enabled.
Old 12-08-2023, 04:02 PM   #2818
CAFlanny
Connoisseur

Okay, I think it's fixed now. I removed all books from the device and sync'd back my current read. So far, everything is working. Thanks for the fix, chaley!
Old 12-08-2023, 04:21 PM   #2819
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Why don't you remove those duplicated books and resend them instead of starting over? Just a suggestion (now you say it, it has happened to me some times and I always remove those books in the ereader).
It's happened to me as well when I changed my save template.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 08:29 AM   #2820
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I'm not sure if this happened with the latest release (Version 2.16.13), but almost all the right-click options in Kobo Utilities are now grayed out and inoperable. If I select a book and right-click on the Kobo Utilities icon (or use its drop-down menu), the only non-grayed-out options are Database, Driver, Customize Plugin and About Plugin.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities