Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 09-30-2023, 01:59 PM   #1
arpeggioaccele
light mode user
arpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: I use the Calibre ebook-viewer on macos and Apple Books on ios.
Using native os text selection

I was looking for a way to disable the text selection provided by the Calibre viewer using Qt, as I prefer using text selection in MacOS native dictionary/lookup functions when reading.

I was wondering if that would be possible— and if so where would I get started modifying the python code for the viewer?

If someone could give advice, I would be thankful.

Here is some more context/issues I thought of:
1. There might be issues with getting the correct options displayed in the MacOS context menu, but that is a completely different problem aside from Calibre.
2. The highlighting function would be broken, but I would be fine with that. Adding a toggle to allow highlighting might work though.
3. I don't think this is a feature many would want, I just want to figure out how to do it myself.
4. I have little python coding experience, I probably won't be able to do soon/quickly. It will be a long term project.
arpeggioaccele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 03:09 PM   #2
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
FWIW, on Windows it took me a lot of searching to find a way to integrate the Viewer with Goldendict. GD has a Control+C+C special shortcut combination, but I wanted something mouse-driven.

So the only solution I found so far is using an AutoHotKey script together with the classic version of a mouse gesture program called StrokesPlus.

The AHK I need to keep running contains an action to clear the clipboard, copy selected text and send it to GD upon a acSendKeys("%^r") mouse gesture action over calibre-parallel.exe for StrokesPlus:

Code:
!^r:: 

Clipboard := "" ; 
   SendInput, ^c
   ClipWait, 2

if (Clipboard)
   {
       Run, c:\goldendict\goldendict.exe
       Sleep, 300
       SendInput, %Clipboard%
	   Sleep, 70
       SendInput, {Enter}
   }
return
This method works fine 95% of the time, but sometimes, for some reason, I have to right-click the script icon on systray and select "Reload this script"

Last edited by Comfy.n; 09-30-2023 at 03:19 PM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 05:00 AM   #3
arpeggioaccele
light mode user
arpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-14-2023, 03:03 AM   #4
arpeggioaccele
light mode user

My simple solution: convert to pdf and read using a pdf viewer lol.

Tags
text selection