Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-27-2023, 05:03 PM   #16
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Okay,

Please grab sigil-installer.zip from:

https://github.com/kevinhendricks/Bu...OnMac/releases

You will need to unzip it first to get to the installer.

1. First set the SIGIL_DEBUG_LOGFILE environment variable to point to a debug.txt file (full path including file name), it will be created when Sigil runs.

2. Install the unzipped debug Sigil build

3. Fire up the debug build of Sigil and try exactly your sequence of steps to create the bug.

If you are successful (you see the bug!), then immediately quit Sigil and zip up the debug.txt file it created and post it here.

If for some reason you did not recreate the bug that time, please try again by quitting Sigil and removing the old debug.txt file first. Then try again. The shorter and simpler the debug output the better, as I will need to try to map your sequence of steps to the debug output.

If you have to modify the steps to recreate the bug, please let me know the new sequence so that I can understand what I am seeing in the debug output.

Thanks,

KevinH

Last edited by KevinH; 08-27-2023 at 05:09 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 05:21 PM   #17
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Here is the log file:

It took a couple of attempts to get it to fail, so the end of the file may be more helpful than the beginning.
Attached Files
File Type: zip debug.zip (684 Bytes, 63 views)
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 06:24 PM   #18
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The problem is that for some reason, when you clicked in CodeView just before the clip is used, it seems that the focus appears to be outside the main window so it ignores that move to CodeView as they think it is not meant for this main window.

Strange indeed.

Debug: Focus Changed QWidget(0x0) QComboBoxListView(0x1bde0dd2dd0) CodeViewEditor(0x1bdd4d6b9b0)

The first is the detected mainwindow, the next is old object who is giving up focus, and the last is the new object obtaining focus.

Very strange...

I will need to think about this more.
Old 08-27-2023, 07:38 PM   #19
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Okay, I have an idea on how to handle this case. Not sure why it is happening on Windows only but ...

I have pushed a potential solution to master. I will make another sigil debug build using Sigil Windows CI build and post it for you to try. Hopefully it will prevent the error from ever happening.

If it still errors, please post the debug log again as that will hopefully tell me where I have gone wrong.
Old 08-27-2023, 08:01 PM   #20
KevinH
Sigil Developer

The new debug build is ready. It is at the same place as before with the same instructions.

I am hoping this will fix the issue.
Old 08-27-2023, 09:00 PM   #21
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok. I’ll grab that first thing in the morning. Thanks for working on this!
Old 08-27-2023, 09:08 PM   #22
KevinH
Sigil Developer

No problems. This is what I do for fun since I have now retired. It keeps my mind active.

Take care.
Old 08-28-2023, 12:02 PM   #23
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Any chance to test this fix yet?
I have my fingers crossed!
Old 08-28-2023, 02:36 PM   #24
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Not yet… got commandeered into driving the wife to get a cast on her leg, then to go pickup grandkids from school… I’ll get it as soon as I get home.
Old 08-28-2023, 02:56 PM   #25
KevinH
Sigil Developer

No problem.

Wow! You are a busy man! Hope your wife is okay. I broke my ankle last year and it is not fun.
Old 08-28-2023, 03:49 PM   #26
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

I was NOT able to get it to glitch with this version!

I've attached the log file if you care to look at it.

Again, thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: zip debug.zip (853 Bytes, 34 views)
Old 08-28-2023, 05:17 PM   #27
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Glad to hear it.
Thank you for your bug report, testing, and feedback.