Notices

Old 07-10-2023, 12:08 AM   #2686
ArtoB
ArtoB began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtoB View Post
Hi;

Just moved my Calibre install from old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC. I used the export/import tools within Calibre to do the move. The Kobo Utils plugin was moved to the new PC with all of my books and settings.
However, whenever I try to go to the help (for Kobo Utils), a browser page (Edge) is opened, but it cannot fine the file(path). For some reason, the path contains %5C in the place of most of the actual slash (/) characters. This was not the case in my old PC.
file:///C:/%5CUsers%5Cmyname%5CAppData%5CRoaming%5Ccalibre%5C plugins%5CKoboUtilities_Help_en.html#configuration
On my old PC, all of the %5C were '/' characters.
The help files ARE in the Roaming folder in the proper place, and can be opened if accessed from the folder directly.
I even updated to the latest version of Kobo Utils, hoping that would help. But it did not.
What's going on with the path that is used?

Thanks;
I just uninstalled the latest version of Calibre (6.2.1) and installed the previous version (the one I had on my old PC), and the help works fine. The path has NO %5C characters in it. I will re-post in the Calibre page.
BTW, How does one edit their own post? I had to reply to my original post, as there was no edit option.
ArtoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 12:42 AM   #2687
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Hi;

Just moved my Calibre install from old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC. I used the export/import tools within Calibre to do the move. The Kobo Utils plugin was moved to the new PC with all of my books and settings.
However, whenever I try to go to the help (for Kobo Utils), a browser page (Edge) is opened, but it cannot fine the file(path). For some reason, the path contains %5C in the place of most of the actual slash (/) characters. This was not the case in my old PC.
file:///C:/%5CUsers%5Cmyname%5CAppData%5CRoaming%5Ccalibre%5C plugins%5CKoboUtilities_Help_en.html#configuration
On my old PC, all of the %5C were '/' characters.
The help files ARE in the Roaming folder in the proper place, and can be opened if accessed from the folder directly.
I even updated to the latest version of Kobo Utils, hoping that would help. But it did not.
What's going on with the path that is used?

Thanks;
The path you posted has an extraneous forward slash in it between C: and %5CUsers which seems to be an artifact of using a Chromium based browser.

Have you tried in a different browser? Firefox works for me while Edge and Chrome and a couple of other Chromium based browsers don't without having to massage the path.

Also note that on Firefox, the initial encoded URL shows the %5C character which is promptly translated to a \.

Last edited by DNSB; 07-10-2023 at 12:45 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 07:01 AM   #2688
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I get the extraneous slashes in Brave (Chromium based) with the current Kobo Utilities' help link, too. This didn't happen in previous versions for me either. Could this be caused by the user agent change from a week or so back?

EDIT: If I go through my plugins in Calibre's Preferences area, all the other plugins that have a Help link still work fine.

Last edited by enuddleyarbl; 07-10-2023 at 07:19 AM.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 10:33 AM   #2689
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I just uninstalled the latest version of Calibre (6.2.1) and installed the previous version (the one I had on my old PC), and the help works fine. The path has NO %5C characters in it. I will re-post in the Calibre page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enuddleyarbl View Post
I get the extraneous slashes in Brave (Chromium based) with the current Kobo Utilities' help link, too. This didn't happen in previous versions for me either. Could this be caused by the user agent change from a week or so back?

EDIT: If I go through my plugins in Calibre's Preferences area, all the other plugins that have a Help link still work fine.
It seems to be caused by using a mixture of file path separators. I don't know what changed to trigger the problem.

EDIT: beta removed because it was released

Last edited by chaley; 07-12-2023 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Removed beta zip
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 11:54 AM   #2690
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
It seems to be caused by using a mixture of file path separators. I don't know what changed to trigger the problem.

Try this beta.
Can anyone confirm that the problem has been fixed? On Windows, Linux, and Mac?
Old 07-11-2023, 03:22 PM   #2691
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
It works for me on Windows.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 07:55 PM   #2692
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Sorry for the delay in my response. But, I'm embarrassed to say I don't (didn't?) know how to swap out the production plugin for the beta plugin. I downloaded the zip, went to Preferences > Plugins > Show Only User Installed Plugins > User Interface Action > Kobo Utilities > Load Plugin from File and pointed it to that zip file. I restarted Calibre and the Help file now loads up fine. But, all the version numbers for the plugin still say 2.16.9 instead of the new 2.16.10. Did I actually update the plugin (correctly)? Since the Help file is now displaying correctly, I hope so.

EDIT: Oops. I'm on Windows 10 using Brave.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 08:00 PM   #2693
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The version in the __init__.py still shows the version as 2.6.9
Old 07-11-2023, 08:29 PM   #2694
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You need to do a manual restart after installing a plugin from file.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 11:30 PM   #2695
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Using Linux Mint 21.1 using the official plugin it works. I will try the beta tomorrow.

Code:
file:////home/xxxxxxx/.config/calibre/plugins/KoboUtilities_Help_en.html#configuration
bernie

Quote:
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 11:40 PM   #2696
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
You need to do a manual restart after installing a plugin from file.

BR
Been there, done that. Changing:

Code:
    version                 = (2, 16,  9)
to
Code:
    version                 = (2, 16,  10)
in __init__.py changed the version number to 2.16.10.
Old 07-12-2023, 02:46 AM   #2697
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I suspect chaley is planning on changing the version# when he replaces the zip in first post. If one leaves the beta's as current version#, when the new official is 'released' with the new version# it will appear as an update.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 05:12 AM   #2698
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I suspect chaley is planning on changing the version# when he replaces the zip in first post. If one leaves the beta's as current version#, when the new official is 'released' with the new version# it will appear as an update.

BR
Actually, chaley did something stupid. The last thing I did was up the version number then test it. Unfortunately I forgot to copy the new zip file into my git repository, so I uploaded the zip with the the code changes but the old version number.

I am releasing it (with the new version number).
Old 07-12-2023, 07:52 AM   #2699
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
My initial Rakuten fonts version didn't change the version either, so I thought it was just something like that. (To be fair, I wasn't expecting my version to get released.)
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 09:04 PM   #2700
ArtoB
ArtoB began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara
Quote:
Just a follow up... I was able to resolve the problem by rolling back my version of Calibre to 6.21.
ArtoB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities