Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-01-2023, 07:00 AM   #1
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Download before 30th March 2023

Even if you don't use a Mac or PC, or a Sony eReader, you might want to download all the Reader software, just in case.
Quote:
Dear Valued Customers,

Sony will stop offering the Reader™ for PC and the Reader™ for Mac software downloads on March 31, 2023.

If you want to continue using the Reader software, please download it before March 31, 2023.

Thank you for your understanding.
https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...icles/00288724

See also Canada, USA, Australia and UK for downloads of Firmware.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 07:53 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Even if you don't use a Mac or PC, or a Sony eReader, you might want to download all the Reader software, just in case.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...icles/00288724

See also Canada, USA, Australia and UK for downloads of Firmware.
And if you want, you can stop using the Sony Software and move on to Calibre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 08:13 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes, personally I have no interest in the Sony Reader software, even though on XP and PRS-350 it was the only (very clumsy) way of reading back notes.
I've been using Calibre for nearly 10 years.
Old 03-01-2023, 08:24 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Yes, personally I have no interest in the Sony Reader software, even though on XP and PRS-350 it was the only (very clumsy) way of reading back notes.
I've been using Calibre for nearly 10 years.
I've been using Calibre since it was called LibPRS500. It replaced the Sony software that I barely used.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 04:24 AM   #5
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I used the Sony software instead of ADE because it simpy worked in Wine. You can get ADE to work as well, but any sort of update seemed to make it stop and you had to fix it again.

Haven't used it for a couple of years now though.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 05:06 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
I used the Sony software instead of ADE because it simpy worked in Wine. You can get ADE to work as well, but any sort of update seemed to make it stop and you had to fix it again.
Amazing!
1st Attempt the Package manager briefly appeared, so I ran Word 2003 (the only version that installs properly, so bought specially) to see if 32 bit WINE was still working. Then copied the setup into the psuedo C: drive structure and ran again. It worked and accepted by Adobe ID from maybe 8, 10 or 12 years ago on XP to Authorise the computer.

Never got ADE to work on WINE and K4PC on WINE stopped working back on Mint 18.x days.

Now, I know how to map USB to Windows on Oracle VBox and the Sony Reader does appear to to WINE apps as three drive letters, but Sony Reader foor PC can't see it.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:23 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

I like your choice better.

"Thank you for your understanding." (Trans.: We don't give a **** what you think. We're discontinuing it.)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-02-2023 at 06:17 PM. Reason: you to your
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote