Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-02-2022, 06:27 PM   #166
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
@shamanNS I've uploaded the requested "Oxford Dictionary of English 2ndEd 2010" to pCloud.

The mobi-dictionary is now in color and with all images converted to characters. This means that it is really a _lot_ smaller (50MB->12MB), which hopefully improves the lookup speed.

Last edited by Markismus; 09-06-2022 at 12:24 PM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 03:32 AM   #167
dediu1
dediu1 has learned how to read e-booksdediu1 has learned how to read e-booksdediu1 has learned how to read e-booksdediu1 has learned how to read e-booksdediu1 has learned how to read e-booksdediu1 has learned how to read e-booksdediu1 has learned how to read e-books

Device: PocketBook Reader
Convert Romanian dictionaries to .dic file

Dear Markismus,

Please help me to convert the Romanian dictionaries into .dic files
I tried to convert the dictionaries on my own, but truly is a headache. I did not manage.

I tried to upload the dictionaries into this message, but it does not work. I can send the files by mail, if you want

Thank you
dediu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 04:20 AM   #168
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

@dediu1 I'll give it a try. Could you upload the files to a fileserver (, e.g. Dropbox, pCloud, ) and post a link?
Old 10-04-2022, 04:26 AM   #169
dediu1
dediu1 has learned how to read e-booksdediu1 has learned how to read e-booksdediu1 has learned how to read e-booksdediu1 has learned how to read e-booksdediu1 has learned how to read e-booksdediu1 has learned how to read e-booksdediu1 has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
@dediu1 I'll give it a try. Could you upload the files to a fileserver (, e.g. Dropbox, pCloud, ) and post a link?

Here is the file link:
https://e1.pcloud.link/publink/show?...Q3xFRM0J9fRhxX

Thank you
Old 10-04-2022, 06:24 AM   #170
Markismus
Guru

@dediu1 prc-files are new to me. I remember them to be a PocketPalm format. Mobireader opens them, so maybe it's a mobi-format? However, even with mobi-files it's hit-and-miss because it's a free format. So don't get your hopes up.

I don't think the Stardict files in the directories will be a problem.

EDIT: The prc-files are converted online to mobi-files. They look the same in mobireader, so that's one step.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DirListing.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	196981  

Last edited by Markismus; 10-04-2022 at 07:14 AM.
Old 10-04-2022, 06:38 AM   #171
dediu1

Thank you so much. At least the Stardic files if they are converted would be a great help.

I cross my fingers

Thanks again
Old 10-04-2022, 10:48 AM   #172
Markismus
Guru

@dediu1 I don't have language files for Romanian, so I'll have to use Hungarian or Polish. If you want you can make a dedicated Romanian folder with the files keyboard.txt, collates.txt and morphems.txt inside.

The current collection of language folder is added as an attachement.
Attached Files
File Type: zip language_folder.zip (75.4 KB, 68 views)
Old 10-04-2022, 10:55 AM   #173
dediu1

Dear Markismus,

I truly don't know how to create such file. I tried my best to convert the file, but it was a headache, as I do not know much about software and other IT stuff.

If you want to me create such a file, please, help me with step by step (in a language that I can understand simply) what I should do.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2022, 11:17 AM   #174
Markismus
Guru

Searching for collates, I found an old post from Komar with instructions.
Old 10-04-2022, 04:23 PM   #175
Markismus
Guru

The 5 Stardict-dictionaries are uploaded to pCloud
The two mobi-dictionaries are a new breed.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:39 AM   #176
dediu1

Dear Markismus,

Thank you so much for your help. I will do my best to create the files for the dictionaries (collates, keyboard and morphems).

Thanks again
Old 10-05-2022, 02:09 AM   #177
dediu1

Dear Markismus,

Here are the texts for the dictionaries files. With the morphems I could not understand a lot what I have to do.
Attached Files
File Type: txt collates.txt (860 Bytes, 64 views)
File Type: txt keyboard.txt (314 Bytes, 58 views)
File Type: txt morphems.txt (164 Bytes, 55 views)
Old 10-05-2022, 06:14 AM   #178
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dediu1 View Post
Here are the texts for the dictionaries files.
Here's the files for Romanian. The "morphemes" file is much more complicated.
Attached Files
File Type: txt collates.txt (875 Bytes, 61 views)
File Type: txt keyboard.txt (361 Bytes, 61 views)
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 06:37 AM   #179
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmirek View Post
however would be great to convert to "dic" and check for description. I put links to mobi and txt below.
That is literally two dictionaries mixed in one. I've converted it to xdxf, but it looks quite raw.
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 06:41 AM   #180
dediu1

Samat89,
Thank you for the help