Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-02-2022, 02:05 PM   #76
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
I just get the books, almost always free, and read them, sometimes highlighting when I find errors.
I gave up on free books years ago. Most of them just aren't good enough to interest me, except for an occasional series starter.

Like many here, after getting my first ereader I watched sites like ereaderiq religiously for freebies and downloaded many of those. But most of them just weren't good enough. So I gave up. These days I buy most of what I read (KU isn't available in my country) and no longer look for free books.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 04:03 PM   #77
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I have an Oasis 3. I hate the new home page and OS.
+1000 They ruined the library a couple years ago when it went from 8 titles per page to only 5. I need to be able to highlight and when finished reading to export my notes so I'm tied to the Kindle. But I hate their "new and improved" version 5.13 and up that ruined it.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 04:41 PM   #78
Badcatalex
I draw.
Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, K4B, KPW3, KOA3, KF7 (2019)
https://goodereader.com/blog/kindle/...nd-of-the-year

Bad-e-Reader is at it again, but I'm obviously a little skeptical about their claims here...
Badcatalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 04:46 PM   #79
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
+1000 They ruined the library a couple years ago when it went from 8 titles per page to only 5. I need to be able to highlight and when finished reading to export my notes so I'm tied to the Kindle. But I hate their "new and improved" version 5.13 and up that ruined it.
You can highlight and export on a Kobo as well. Of course Kobo has never had 8 titles per page.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 07:04 PM   #80
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcatalex View Post

Bad-e-Reader is at it again, but I'm obviously a little skeptical about their claims here...
Everything about that article screams rubbish.
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 08:33 PM   #81
HLS
Evangelist
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Paperwhite, Libra 1, H20,Clara, Glowlight 1 to 4 and Plus
Quote:

I noticed lately their article titles are misleading and false. Annoys the crap out of me. Like the one that suggests they know how well the note taking on the scribe is yet never touched an actual model.

There is NOTHING on the internet or amazon.com to suggest a new Oasis. I hope for one. I hope for 64GB
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 01:12 AM   #82
Badcatalex
I draw.
Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, K4B, KPW3, KOA3, KF7 (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I noticed lately their article titles are misleading and false.
Well it's even worse now... they made a YouTube video on it.

They broke through the bottom of the barrel... and now are scraping the bare floor.
Badcatalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 11:16 AM   #83
ky˘dai
Zealot
ky˘dai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ky˘dai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ky˘dai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ky˘dai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ky˘dai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ky˘dai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ky˘dai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ky˘dai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ky˘dai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ky˘dai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ky˘dai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

Yeah, they base this article solely on search results from the Amazon store and Google. Not realising, that these are simply terms people are searching for...

So good news!

Amazon is not just going to release a new Oasis, but also a new Voyage (2022) in the next couple of weeks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle voy.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	350.0 KB
ID:	196956  
ky˘dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 11:19 AM   #84
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky˘dai View Post
Yeah, they base this article solely on search results from the Amazon store and Google. Not realising, that these are simply terms people are searching for...

So good news!

Amazon is not just going to release a new Oasis, but also a new Voyage (2022) in the next couple of weeks!
OMG! You had me SO excited there for a second!
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 03:27 PM   #85
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I noticed lately their article titles are misleading and false.
Lately?

Quote:
They broke through the bottom of the barrel... and now are scraping the bare floor.
Why is this the straw that broke the camels back? These are the same guys that have been predicting a new Voyage since approx. 1974...
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 04:20 PM   #86
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Both Kinds: epub based makes and Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Lately?
Why is this the straw that broke the camels back? These are the same guys that have been predicting a new Voyage since approx. 1974...
Ha. I don't bother with that site.
Certainly there was a Voyage on the 4th of November 2014.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 05:53 PM   #87
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicGecko View Post
In my opinion the one single best thing Amazon should do to revamp the Oasis line would be to make the screen on par with that of the Voyage. Overall I prefer reading on my Oasis due to the form factor and the physical buttons, but I really miss the contrast and clarity of the Voyage screen, especially under natural light.
I disagree. The best thing Amazon could do is allow user defined margins and line height.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 05:55 PM   #88
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
The Oasis is not just about buttons. It's about positioning it as a 'luxury' device in a market that would otherwise lack such a device. Kobo does not product a 'luxury' eReader, and nobody else does, either.
The Oasis is not a luxury device. It's just a seriously overpriced device. There are no luxury Readers.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:01 PM   #89
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Fintie easel stand case. The only way to fly. I can't find the plain black but here's the 'starry sky'. It shows how it works. WAY better than origami cases that don't sit perfectly straight and level when opened.

https://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Kindle...st_sto_dp&th=1
If you can, return your Finte case. If you can't return it, throw it away. Finte is garbage. They wear out long before they are supposed to. I am not the only one to have a Finte case wear out long before it's time.

kwmobile makes good cases that do last. My kwmobile case is still going strong after about 5 years of heavy use.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:03 PM   #90
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I gave up on free books years ago. Most of them just aren't good enough to interest me, except for an occasional series starter.

Like many here, after getting my first ereader I watched sites like ereaderiq religiously for freebies and downloaded many of those. But most of them just weren't good enough. So I gave up. These days I buy most of what I read (KU isn't available in my country) and no longer look for free books.
Sign up for Tor's free eBooks. Tor does gie away some good ones. Granted, they are mostly the first book in a series.