Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 06-26-2022, 06:08 AM   #1
bobbysteel
Big Poppa
bobbysteel began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Trusted-ips - which header for reverse proxy?

I'm using Caddy to reverse proxy. It works great except the x-forwarded-by header doesn't seem to work with trusted-ips set to my local subnet 192.168.1.0/24. Is there a different header I should pass through like x-remote-ip? I can't seem to see in github which headers are checked for this option.
bobbysteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 07:10 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
headers are not used for trusted ips. The ip address of the other end of the connection is used.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 02:56 AM   #3
bobbysteel
Big Poppa

How can a reverse proxy be configured then?
Old 06-27-2022, 03:15 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not sure what you are asking? trusted ips are for if you want connections from specific IP addresses to be trusted, without any form of authentication. There is no point in wrapping a connection from a trusted ip in SSL.

Since they are trusted anyway there is no need to use a proxy with them, simply connect directly.

In other words reverse proxies and trusted ips dont really go together.

What is is you are actually trying to achieve?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 06:04 PM   #5
bobbysteel
Big Poppa

I use caddy so I don't need to touch certificates at all. I also run a wildcard ssl setup there so calibre.mydomain.com works seamlessly w all my other apps. I'd like to use the trusted ip to avoid login hassles on home network but I guess I can do this via the proxy basic auth.