Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 03-09-2020, 01:22 AM   #1
mdclanahan
Connoisseur
mdclanahan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 6th Gen
Unhappy Sort by multiple columns on server?

One of the main ways I typically sort my library is by author, with titles in alphabetical order. On the desktop version of Calibre, I accomplish this by sorting by title first, then by author, which leaves the titles in alphabetical order after sorting by author.

Is there any way to do this from the server’s web interface? It doesn’t seem to matter what I sort by first; every time I sort by author, the books by each author seem to be in a random order. I name my entries Series ## - Title, and I’d really like them to be in order when sorting by author. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
mdclanahan

Last edited by mdclanahan; 03-09-2020 at 01:42 AM.
mdclanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 05:21 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no user interface for multi sorting in the server, but you can do it by manually editing the URL, for example

&sort=author_sort.asc,pubdate.asc

get the field names by sorting on the individual fields using the user interface and checking the resulting URL
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 10:01 AM   #3
mdclanahan
Connoisseur
mdclanahan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 6th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There is no user interface for multi sorting in the server, but you can do it by manually editing the URL, for example

&sort=author_sort.asc,pubdate.asc

get the field names by sorting on the individual fields using the user interface and checking the resulting URL
A bit clunky, but at least it works!

In my case, I used

&sort=author_sort.asc,title_sort.asc
mdclanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 03:50 AM   #4
Rahm
Rahm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I don't know where to insert the code

I tried on the Calibre Interface in the SEARCH Field
Rahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 04:32 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You would insert it at the end of the URL in the browser address bar when using the calibre server to access your library using a web browser.

Code:
[I.e. http://10.253.0.78:8088/#book_id=12208&library_id=Intake&panel=book_list&sort=author_sort.asc,title_sort.asc
This shows my Intake library sorted by author and then title. As @mdclanahan said, a bit clunky but it works.

To do the same in calibre, click on the Title to sort by title and then click on Author(s) which will sort by author maintaining the sort by title for each author as was mentioned the the first message in this thread.

Last edited by DNSB; 06-20-2022 at 04:34 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote